Friday, September 28, 2012

999 Happy Haunts, and Texas


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

NOTE: Throughout the week, I've updated this post about a gazillion times so newer (& not very entertaining) ramblings are at the bottom.

Mom and I finally put together a new Halloween scene to display in the dining room. This time we wanted to pay homage to our favorite Disney World ride, THE HAUNTED MANSION! We already had a figurine of the graveyard digger and his dog, which my brother bought Mom at Disney World last year I think. We really wanted to include the silly epitaphs from the graveyard scene in the Haunted Mansion's queue, but instead decided to just work with what we already had.

I took a lot of photos, so below I'll just post the thumbnails which you can click on to make larger. Unfortunately, in the pictures you can't tell that there's a flickering light inside the large tree and the other tree has purple lights. Even the ghosts glow off and on. Even the video I took last night didn't turn out well, so I'll try again tonight. I really want all the different lights to show up in a video at least.

Photobucket-Photobucket-Photobucket

Photobucket-Photobucket-Photobucket

Photobucket-Photobucket-Photobucket

Photobucket-Photobucket-Photobucket

Photobucket-Photobucket-Photobucket



Photobucket

Just for fun, here are a few of the epitaphs from the grave-markers at Disney World. They're pretty funny. They even have a pet cemetery, which is silly as well:

 photo 9-28-12hm_zpsa611565d.jpg

* In memory of our patriarch - dear departed Grandpa Marc.

* Requiescat Francis Xavier. No time off for good behavior. RIP

* Rest in peace, brother Huet. We all know you didn't do it.

* R.I.P. good friend Gordon. Now you've crossed the river Jordan.

* Master Gracey laid to rest. No mourning, please, at his request. Farewell.

* At peaceful rest lies brother Claude. Planted here beneath this sod.

* Here lies good old Fred. A great big rock fell on his head.

* Here rests Wathel R. Bender. He rode to glory on a fender.

* Dear departed brother Dave, He chased a bear into a cave.

* Here lies a man named Martin. The lights went out on this old Spartan.

Via



Photobucket

I think that's enough Halloween for a while, so here's a little bit of Texas. Let's start with two snippets from "Texas Country Reporter."

 photo 9-28-12bb_zpsd4259ac1.jpg
(Isn't that a BEAUTIFUL photograph?!)





3 minute mark - The music reminds me of the movie "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou." Love it!

~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~

 photo 9-28-12tx_zps851edbc8.jpg

Over the weekend I re-discovered a Disney YouTube channel I had forgotten about. I found some of the video below - not Disney related - pretty funny when the cows started stalking him for food. (Around the 2:40 or 3 minute mark) This vlogger is from Texas, and this video was taken on some farm. The videos featuring his Dad are pretty cute.



I have to include this next one, too, since we should be going out of town for the next two weekends... which means they'll be a stop at Buc-ees. Of course, I've never seen a Buc-ees as huge as the one in this video.



~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~

 photo 9-28-12fixin_zps5af3b68e.jpg

And I was looking for video of Old Town Spring the other day when I found a bunch of music videos. On weekends, Old Town Spring has a lot of musical artists playing at certain cafe's. Here are a few that I found, although I haven't listened to many of them yet. Just snippets.

-

-

The quality on the 3rd vid isn't great, but we eat lunch here sometimes. It's a restaurant called "Hyde's." They make some GREAT hamburgers!

Photobucket

And look at who will be in Old Town Spring October 24th. Willie Nelson! That's pretty neat, although I have noticed on tv before that he 'talks' his songs during concerts. If I ever paid $65 and upwards per ticket, I'd prefer to hear actual singing.

Photobucket

VIA

~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~

 photo 9-28-12hot_zps3515e7e6.jpg

WHEN IS FALL GOING TO ARRIVE?! It is still so hot and humid here. Yesterday was miserable, and today it's pretty awful as well. The triple digit temps are over, thank goodness, but it still feels very much like summer. There is nothing even remotely resembling a chill in the air.

In the very least, I wish it would rain.... perhaps even like this:
(This is near Old Town Spring, too, which is about 6 minutes from my house)



I wouldn't mind a storm like this either... minus the hail and tornado. The storm in the first vid picks up at around the 5 minute mark. And again, I love this guy's Dad!





Of course, I'd rather be dancing and singing in the rain at Disney World. It's so much more picturesque! I really miss it. I'd love to be there now, rain or shine.





Photobucket

Photobucket

1. The tale is told of Beauty and the Beast.

2. Ireland is something that always makes me think of my ancestors.

3. To ensure that you are loved, hug your dog.

4. Gerry Butler with his Scottish brogue is a fine thing.

5. It's never too late to start over.

6. When your ballpoint pen won't fulfill it's destiny, get that ink going by scribbling circles on the back of an old receipt.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to nothing in particular, tomorrow my plans include enjoying some much-needed rain while watching the season finale of Doctor Who and Sunday, I want to jump for joy because Season 2 of ONCE UPON A TIME begins!



Photobucket

Photobucket

 photo 9-28-125ff_zps27c46cbf.jpg
(Via)

Found a fun new blog hop today! Join in the fun by clicking right HERE!

1. I'm jealous of my younger self's hair. When a child my hair was so curly and pretty, but as an adult it's straight as a board.

2. I'm learning rather quickly that I'm a slave to the whims of one of our dogs. Little Abby simply cannot amuse herself in the evenings. (This is one of the reasons why I hardly ever get on the Exercise Bike 'O Doom anymore. Playtime for her seems more important).



FYI: The reason for the pillow and towel is to keep me from having to chase that darn toy every 5 seconds. If that little Energizer Bunny toy took a spin beneath the computer desk it'd become a dust bunny instead.

Okay, that was a bad joke but there's truth to it. By the way, remember her new remote control truck? Well now she refuses to play with it because she realized it was ME that was controlling it. For some reason, that knowledge has taken the fun out of it for her.

3. I believe one of the most annoying things in the world is putting on a dry pair of socks, and then stepping on a water puddle in the kitchen.

4. I was a deep thinker, even as a kid. When I was about 5 years old I walked up to my mother in the garden one day and asked her the one question that was always on my mind, but which I kept to myself for fear of people thinking I was weird. My question to her was "Are we real? Is this really happening?" Photobucket Life felt like a dream to me. I even remember thinking to myself how strange it was that I've only been on this planet for X-amount of years. (See?! WEIRD-O, that's me). I also remember thinking how lucky I was to have a mother and that she was so sweet.

5. I will never understand why it is that some people wear socks with sandals. It's a mystery which boggles the mind. A sock cancels out the destiny of a sandal.

----------------------------

Gonna drown myself in a delicious ICED mocha now. Can you believe it's currently 93 degrees out there?! Oh! And if I don't return any comments on your own blogs, please don't take it personally. I lost all my blogs a few weeks ago when returning comments. Since then, I've been careful about commenting.

Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of my younger self's hair, too! It used to be so thick and gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have longer, curly hair - oh well. Still laughing about #5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you can get a lot in one post I'm impressed...we are getting rain today in Dallas area...sure need it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I admit that I cheat a bit as these days I just keep adding to one post during the course of that one particular week. I figure I have nothing THAT interesting to add that merits a bunch of new posts.... hence the rambling. :p

      Kristin

      Delete
  4. Nice post... hair does change. Mine was straight when I was young and now it is wavy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.