

Oh.my.gosh. To borrow from The 9th Doctor, isn't this picture just FANTASTIC?! (Yes, that would be my nerdy side showing with pride). Don't ya just love Pinterest?
Victorian + Tardis + Robot Dog = Whovian Heaven


Hosted by MOCKINGBIRD HILL COTTAGE


One of my favorite things in the world is this beautiful stained glass my mother made for me a few years back. Isn't it pretty? She's made a lot of stained glass before, but when making this one she said she "felt inspired."


Added a cute little goodie... the cat/moon... to our Halloween basket. Found it at Thads in Old Town Spring.


(Link HERE)

- It's okay.... to be feeling utter dread about work, and that I had to take my favorite school off my list because of the traffic and long distance from my house.
- It's okay.... that I need an attitude adjustment when it comes to work. The first step towards a positive lifestyle is realizing that you have a problem and it's time to change.
- It's okay.... to know the above statement is total BS.
- It's okay... that I'm still afraid of commenting on other people's blogs for fear of losing all my blogs again.
- It's okay.... that I got another romance novel, because this one was 80% off. I got it for something like like 56 cents!

The story doesn't seem fascinating to me, but I have a lot of her other books so I figured what the heck?
- It's okay... to be really nervous about working in new schools all because I'm a control freak and loathe change all the way down to the marrow of my bones.
- It's okay... that my Photobucket account with all our old family and home photos are denying me access.
- It's okay... that in the above statement I'm lying to myself again.
- It's okay... that I'd rather stick a fork in my eye AND drop a case of Coca Cola on my foot AND put lemon juice on a paper cut than to add middle school and elementary to my accepted job assignments. Focus on the new junior high first, and leap head-first into the Pit 'O Doom a little later.
- It's okay... that I'm thinking of not accepting a job assignment until Monday because today I realized that my once-beautiful purse looks like white trash and needs to be replaced. Also, I could use a few more dress pants and shirts.
- It's okay... to hate spending money on something as awful as clothes (yes, I'm not a fan of clothes shopping) because come Monday I'll WANT to accept an assignment just for the money.
- It's okay.... that in the blogosphere everyone and their cousin is talking about fall approaching when here in Texas it's 99 or 100 degrees every flippin' day. Then add the humidity, and the heat index is well over 100.
- It's okay... that for this entire post I pretty much just complained like Eeyore.

Such a happy couple created in glass. Your mom is very talented, such a lovely gift.
ReplyDeleteJoy
Kristin, what do you do in the schools? Are you a substitute teacher? Just curious. By the way, a friend of mine is having the same trouble with Photobucket - some sort of server problem - and she tells me it has been going on for days.
ReplyDeleteLove, love your beautiful stained glass! Your mom is very talented.
Thank you so much for joining in this week.
xo
Claudia
Yes, I am. I figure one teacher/almost vice principal is enough in this family. :p My sister teaches 3rd and 4th grade. (Which makes her either incredibly brave or as nutty as a granola bar).
DeleteThe Photobucket mess is very annoying. I'm running out of room on flash drives to save everything, and even that isn't safe as things can disappear off those too I hear.
Kristin
The glass picture is a nice addition to the lovely bedroom. It's wonderful that you have a handmade piece of art from your mother.
ReplyDeleteThe stained glass is lovely and how sweet that your Mom made it!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteWonderful stained glass in your window.The colors are so pretty.It must be beautiful when the sun shines through it.
Balisha
Adore the stained glass window your mom made for you, so lovely.
ReplyDeleteMy husband teaches 4th grade and prior to that he taught 3rd for many years ... and yup, there are days he's nuttier than a granola bar. ;)
Beautiful stained glass. It's okay to let it all out too!
ReplyDeleteThat stained glass panel is so lovely, Kristin. A real treasure! The colors are so beautiful, and the fact that your mother made it for you makes it even more special.
ReplyDelete