Sunday, January 13, 2013

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff


Current Mood: Photobucket

 photo 350human_zps871c2e95.jpg

Over the weekend I was trying to learn how to make a navigation bar, but for the life of me couldn't unearth any tutorials on how to post inside the specific tabs.

That disappointment led to the "Pages" bar for my pets that you see above, so I'm not too bummed about it.

As I was doing that, it got me to thinking about whether I'm really a cat or dog person. I know that a lot of people who know me think I'm a cat person, but I think that's because they themselves don't belong to the cat fan club.

Photobucket

Personally, I prefer both. I find dogs to be the kindest, most sympathetic of the two. Cats on the other hand... well, my cats were never big snugglers but they gave me such peace of mind whenever I was on vacation or out of town. When I'm away, I know I don't have to worry. Wendy really could care less that I'm gone, whereas I know full well that the dogs will be confused and endlessly eagle-eying the front and back doors for our return.

And this is one biggie in the dogs favor:
No litter box! It's a necessary evil, but I do hate it. IMMENSELY!!!!!

I do miss having a bird. I used to have a canary named Westley, and he sang so beautifully. I did worry about him a lot though. (Canaries are really sensitive to their surroundings and even household chemicals). It's pathetic how obsessed I was with this little bird's happiness. After his death, I had nightmares about him for at least 10 years. (This tends to be how I deal with pet losses. My bad dreams about Westley went away only a few months ago).

I'm rambling now, so I'll end this post by asking what is YOUR preference? I've always wanted to do a poll, so you can vote on the one posted in the sidebar. If you wish, you can elaborate (aka ramble as I do oh-so-well) in any comments below.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are the choices:

1). Cat's Rule, Dog's Drool!

2). Cats, but only because they're going to take over the world one day.

3). Slimy and/or scaly creatures are more my thing.

4). I don't have time for either. I'm too busy raising my screaming offspring.

5). I'm not owned by any pets. It's easier to just watch other people's pets on YouTube.

6). I prefer feathers over fur.

7). Dogs, obviously. Backwards, "dog" spells "God" and my dog reveres me as one.

8). I love cats and dogs equally.

9). Robot pet. There's no mess, you can turn down the volume, and they're battery operated.

10). Other.

11). I am neither a dog or cat PERSON, because I'm an alien; an extraterrestrial from the planet Vulcan!

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.