

Guess who finally got hooked on Downton Abbey, along with the rest of the world!


I just finished watching Season 1 on Netflix, so I've yet to have seen the newer episodes.
It's been really difficult not to run into spoilers. Impossible really. Just by looking for photos to create banners from, I'm running into a lot of UNWANTED spoilers. Season 2 takes place during the war. It looks like it's gonna be sad.
-
As for the characters, I love them all. Violet is hilarious
, but so far I am quite simply TWITTERPATED with the blossoming romance between Anna and Mr. Bates.And of course I'd be fond of Bates since he's a tortured soul. I never could get enough of his type in the cinema and literary world.


Back in November I started seeing a lot of Thankful Thursday posts, and still they continue. I see them on several blogs every Thursday, so I figured I'd do my own as well.
I'm keeping it simple today:
- I've been pretty PO-ed lately that all these little rainstorms have skirted us, but then a couple days ago this was a huge blessing. While we need the rain around here, we were spared a couple of frightening storms Tuesday evening. (Winds up to 70 mph and hail). Thankfully, all we received was a lot of lightening, thunder and light rain.
I found these videos of the storm on YouTube:
-
(SO GLAD WE JUST BARELY MISSED THIS!)
-
(That last video was probably in Dallas, which is further north. Those hailstones remind me of what happened in Austin a couple years ago).
- I now have my brother's HD video camera!
- Grandma gave Mom almost an acre of her land in Somerville.
- I discovered that two of Gerry's movies, and the first 2 seasons of Downton Abbey are out on dvd.
- Strawberry Ice Cream!

- Iced Mocha!
- It's been slow going, but this pinched nerve in my neck/arm/back is starting to get better.


Happy Early Father's Day!


I made a few banners recently. One of these days I'm gonna make some good one's. I really wanted to tackle and learn new
Anyway... click on my Crafty Emporium blog, listed in the sidebar, to see them all. Over time there should be more added to that post.
By the way, I just realized some of the text colors aren't showing up on my laptop. Yellow in particular is appearing as stark white. Annoying!


Hello Kristin!
ReplyDeleteLovely posters!
One of my favorite funny scenes is this:
Violet Crawley: Good heavens, what am I sitting on?
Matthew Crawley: A— swivel… chair.
Violet Crawley: Another modern brainwave?
Matthew Crawley: Not very modern, they were invented by Thomas Jefferson.
Violet Crawley: Why does every day involve a fight with an American?
Started watching Downtown Abbey last year, it is wonderful. Am awaiting season three! The show only gets better. Wish the USA TV execs could make good shows like this instead of horrid faux reality. Thanks for the great posters!
ReplyDelete