

A pain in the neck, that's me. Literally. A
Because once again I have a pinched nerve in my neck/back/shoulder, only this time it's on my left side and a little bit on my right side as well. I'm forced to sleeping on my back at night, and not my side... (Can you say Insomnia?)... and I'm forced to keeping the bedroom door shut at night because my cat keeps me up by her OCD coming into the room/out of the room/back in the room 30 seconds later/then back out of the room. And when she's in the room she insists on snuggling against me, which limits my mobility (not that I can move much in this state) and if I dare disturb her, she bites me.
Even after exiling Wendy Kitty from my room, she's still keeping me awake from trying to break down the door like she's The Incredible Hulk.
During the day, however, I don't mind her company so much. She thinks I'm just another couch to snooze on, but I kinda like her company when I'm forced to lie on the couch like a slug while watching cr@ppy reality tv, because despite having close to 400 channels nothing else is on to watch.
I'm looking on the bright side though. While I could care less about how the Kardashian mother still acts like a teenager, she - and other reality tv stars - certainly has raised my own self-esteem.
Having said that, with the bad comes the good.

That good thing that comes from being paralyzed on the couch is watching a couple episodes of The Big Bang Theory. Until recently, I never watched that show and I gotta say.... Sheldon reminds me of my brother.
It's the words that come out of his mouth.

I've also heard that my brother mirrors the character on "House." I can't comment on that though because I've never watched the show.
UPDATE:
Oh, wow. Another coincidence. I was just catching up with old blog posts that I've missed, and I find THIS post about Jim Parsons over at Mockingbird Hill Cottage.
He's from Texas, don't ya know! The Galveston area I believe.


Mom and I had a scare the the other day with the new babies. Thank goodness, Mom found out and saved them from being killed by a swarm of ants. (We FINALLY received some rain, and the ants were looking for dryer ground).
What's unusual is that the night before, when trying to fall asleep, something strange popped into my head. Just out of the blue I recalled how, back when I was in Junior High, my best friend at the time called us in a panic because her dog was covered in ants. (Sadly, her sweet pup passed away). But a few minutes after Mom found the ants in the bluebird nest, that's when it dawned on me why I had such a strange, very old memory surface the night before.
So ya see?! If it's animal or Disney related, 'coincidences' like this seem to stalk me. I'm actually starting to get used to it.
Anyway, back to the new babies. Aren't they sweet?!
(They're like little bobble-heads
).
What's also sweet is how easily Abby is amused. All you have to do is give her an empty chocolate milk bottle or plastic garden pot.
-
For Wendy Kitty the other day, it was an empty box from Sams Club which might as well have been a castle. I'm finding more and more that pets and children both are entertained so easily. We don't have to buy them $12 squeaky toys. All it takes is a box, some spoons (Izzy loved measuring spoons when a puppy), a tennis ball, or an empty basket or container. Their imaginations take care of the rest.
Point proven below, in Izzy's puppy pics.



Doesn't she look like a baby bear in the above pic?



(LINK)
Here's today's topic:

Come up with whatever you want summer-related. You can write about a favorite summer memory, what associations you have with summer, a favorite summer vacation, photos reminiscent of summer, etc., etc....
It's no mystery that I'm not a fan. I live in Texas, which means summers here are l-o-n-g and hot, and thanks to the Gulf of Mexico we get a lot of humidity which makes the heat 1,000 times worse.
I can't stress enough how much hotter and miserable and thick and suffocating the heat is when humidity is involved. It isn't fun. As it is, it was 98 degrees last I looked... and that's before factoring in the nasty H-word.
I think I'll let Pinterest help me on this one. A lot of those "You know you're a Texan when..." posters sum up my views of summer pretty well:



Actually, I have a little qualm with the one above. Why? Because walking barefoot is impossible in the summer. At least that's a scientific fact before 7 pm.




Thankfully, our front lawn looks pretty and green this year. It's been getting watered, without fail, every night. We have no water restrictions yet, so... so far so good.

My apologies for just complaining like Eeyore, but I have to be honest.


My niece just got back from Drum Major Camp.
The average age there is 17, and she was the youngest; 15. She, along with a fellow drum major, won awards. She won Best Teacher! I think they gave away 7 awards total, and the # of students there was close to 400. My niece really loved how all these other schools were interested in her own school. (At marching competition, her school won State this year).They call her "Lethal Weapon" because word got out that she became a 2nd degree black belt back in middle school. (She and her brother kept their Tung Su Do days secret because they didn't want to boldly advertise it, but my nephew encouraged her to include that accomplishment on her application for drum major since it would show how disciplined she is).
She made a lot of upperclassmen friends while there. She had such a blast! It's so nice hearing how happy she is. She's definitely in the right place because everything's been coming up roses for her.
Oh! This is kind of exciting. My niece and nephew are out of town now, and tomorrow they're going to be in a parade. (Their grandfather actually owns the town. It's a little country town. There are probably more cows there than people. Lol! That's my kind of place!)


And.... that's it, folks. Seeing how it took several hours for me to put together this lackluster blog post, I don't think I'll return anytime soon. Not until I'm out of the red with these pinched nerves. (Monstrous-sized kudos go to my Mom, whose suffered from them since I was a kid; after she was struck by a stray lightening bolt when I was in middle school. I don't know how she managed daily activities and raising 3 kids when feeling this way. Mama's a bona fide superhero as far as I'm concerned).
While I won't be boring you - (if 'you' even exist) - with blog posts, I will be reading a lot of blogs on my laptop. (Already, I'm 3 days behind). I just hope my aunt will be sending some photos for me to share, from her Disney World trip starting this Monday!

She's never been to Disney World... only Disneyland... so she's very excited although worried about rain and that tropical disturbance out there.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:
- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.