

Alright, this gal has been pondering leaving Blogger and after what just happened.... my mind was made up for me. Last night, without warning, my blogs were all blocked to me. The only reason I'm able to post now is that I caved in and did Google's Voice Mail verification.
I know this isn't a popular blog - which I prefer, as I like having a smaller circle of blogging pals and I'm weird like that - but if for no reason at all you see my blogs as having been removed...... it wasn't me that removed it.
I'm just glad that I copy/pasted the posts from some of my other blogs the other day. (This one I haven't saved at all). I had a hunch the other day, and thank goodness for that! That's all I saved though - the posts on just a few of my other blogs - as the next time everything goes haywire I'm certainly not creating a new Blogger/Google account. I think I'll give Word Press a go next. I'll have to read up on it.
In the meantime, I might post here sporadically. (If they'll allow it). I'm all for protecting my account from spam and hackers with no life, but I am not a fan of having to use my telephone number to verify who I am. I'm not liking that invasion of privacy at all.
And what's up with my Follower's lists? Why is it showing me following myself? I didn't do that. Why the heck would I? Color me confused.
Since it started doing that, I realized that the photo which shows up on the feed are my Current Mood Avatars which appear all blurry and larger than they really are. I find that annoying and just plain u-g-l-y to look at. I guess I'll stop adding those little avatars, but that feels so strange to me; like walking out the front door without any shoes on.
And FYI -
If I don't return any comments, it's only because I'm being careful. I was returning comments when my blogs disappeared last night. I'm not being a blog snob or ignoring you, I promise. I just feel like I need to be very cautious for the time being.
Replying here on my own blog seems to be working fine, so I think I'll be doing that for a while. I want to reply to everyone, but I'm limiting myself to replying to only 3 or 4 at a time. Just please understand that I DO appreciate the time each and everyone of you take to leave a comment.




One of my favorite things has got to be this sweet little bell with the Yorkie pup. I found it at the antique mall for only $1. I fell instantly in love with it because it reminded me of our little Yorkie that we used to have. Her name was Tinkerbell, and there her likeness was on a little bell.
I thought that a fun little coincidence.
And years before, my mother bought a painting because it reminded us of Tink. Hmm, I'm sensing that even in the afterlife our little pup is still a diva demanding attention.

Courtesy of Mockingbird Hill Cottage


Via
1. You don't have to be the owner of such a boring blog. Your old blog wasn't like this.
2. But it's the muse's fault that I'm so uninspired. If she weren't so busy on the piazza sipping cappuccino's and flirting with hot Italian men that love their Mama's, I might be doing something constructive like writing a best seller.
3. Basically I'm really stuck lately, not knowing what to do next that will make me happy.
4. How I interpret a good day is as follows: I didn't run into any walls or stub my toe... had a good hair day... didn't wake up cursing the alarm... got to cuddle with the furkids.
5. In this way, I'm pretty easy to please and lack imagination and a sense of adventure.
6. I believe it when my results to the Meyer's Brigg's test keeps saying I'm an INFJ. That's 1% of the world's population. I always knew I was different. A 'square peg' person in a 'round hole' planet.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to getting my time on the exercise bike over with, tomorrow my plans include forcing myself to be creative by making another necklace and Sunday, I want to wake up realizing I'm a Texas lottery winner!

Love your little bell with the Yorkie, how sweet that it reminds you of your Tinkerbell. We never forget our dear animal friends, do we? Thanks for sharing at Favorite Things, I found your link there. Sorry for the Blogger problems, they're ongoing ... Mary
ReplyDeleteLoved hearing about Tinkerbell, the bell, and the painting. Got scared reading about the blog business... eeks. That WOULD be scary. Don't feel you have to respond to this comment! haha I hope all goes well from this point on... Donna
ReplyDeleteI am SO SORRY all that happened to you! Yikes!
ReplyDeleteWell I am glad you are giving it another go and wish you the best.
I love that bell too- your whole tabletop there is lovely.
Please have a safe & happy holiday weekend.
Your little bell is super sweet!
ReplyDeleteOMG. I believe I am an INFJ too. Whatever- I was different from the rest of the elementary school teachers int he district I worked in. Nice to meet ya.
ReplyDeleteWhat's funny is that my middle name is "Lynn," too. :p
DeleteKristin
Hi Kristin,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for joining in this week; it means a great deal to me. I can totally identify with the Blogger problems. I had that happen to me 4 times about a month ago. It freaked me out. And that, my friend, is what instigated my move to WordPress. If you want more info or details, drop me an email and I'll pass on any info I can.
I love your little find. I think things like that are meant to be. A Yorkie with a bell? And her name was Tinkerbell? Perfect. It was meant for you.
Happy weekend,
xo
Claudia
Thanks! I saw your post about it the other day. Saved it for future reference. I had no idea there was a .com and a .org site for them.
DeleteKristin
That bell is precious! I love that it has the likeness of your pup on it. The bell was meant to be with you!
ReplyDeleteHere from Mockingbird Hill Cottage
Blessings, Joanne
I think so, too. What's humorous to me is that the things I've always felt I was meant to have were always MAJORLY on sale.... which is fitting because I'm such a penny pincher. :p
DeleteKristin
I was drawn in by your sweet photo. I am so sorry to hear about your issues with blogger. How frustrating! I read your profile and see that you live in Spring, Texas. My husband is from Houston and we were married there. I have decided to follow you so you don't have to follow yourself (just kidding). My followers change in number from one hour to the next when no new follower has been added. I just don't let it bother me anymore. Don't worry about how popular you are. Run your own race and you will be fine. I once had another blogger leave a comment stating that despite the fact that we both started blogging at about the same time, she had so many more followers than I and proceeded to tell me what I was doing wrong in the remainder of her comment. Ever since then I have defiantly posted what I have wanted.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Susan and Bentley
Goodness, no. I'm not into the whole "follower" gig/race either. I appreciate them, but I think it's misused a lot of the time. (Which is why I have a little note about it in my sidebar).
DeleteKristin
Muito lindo o sininho que traz a lembrança de Tinkerbell. Espero que seus problemas com o Blogger se resolvam da melhor maneira.
ReplyDeleteAbraços,
Zilda
Oh my gosh, so sorry that happened with blogger! Practically no one comments on my little blog but I enjoy it as an online diary for myself - and would be very sad if it went POOF! YIKES!
ReplyDeleteMajor dog lover over here and love your darling bell and reminder of your beloved Tinkerbell.
The little bell is so sweet, Kristen, and what a fitting memento of your little pup.
ReplyDelete