Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Christmas Chimes and Pet Concerns


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

It's official. You can include me when it comes to jumping on the Christmas in July bandwagon. Well, with 'window shopping' anyway. It isn't like I'm about to get out the Christmas decorations and start stringing lights on the house.

Although I might sing a Christmas Carol or two.

 photo july2512_1_zps1f51b8aa.jpg

 photo july2512_2_zpsbea80b84.jpg

 photo july2512_3_zps3adab844.jpg

 photo july2512_4_zpsc7846172.jpg

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

- This isn't Christmas related of course, but I think this is so funny. It's a picture our neighbor took the other day of one of her dogs. Her name is Bella.

Photobucket

~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

- This is how I got Abigail to eat her dog food tonight.

Photobucket

I don't know why, but she sees her toys/babies eating her food as competition. (Also Wendy Kitty. She RUSHES to that food bowl whenever Wendy enters the room). I think this is the third time this little trick has worked. Photobucket

~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

- In worrisome news, we're a little concerned for our sweet Maddie Kate. She's hurt her leg and we found a little cyst on her. She's still climbing the stairs, so the leg can't be too bad. I can tell it bothers her though because she won't allow the other girls to get too close to her when they play by running relays, and she doesn't smile all the time like she usually does. Hopefully, the cyst is nothing serious. She's at the right age for that kind of stuff to be showing up, and it's in her favor that she was spayed when we adopted her. I think she was around 7 months old back then.

I've been worried about Wendy Kitty, too. Her ear was bleeding the other day. I don't think she has mites, as she hasn't been shaking her head at all and she's an indoor cat. I hope she just scratched it. She isn't acting any different at all, so I hope that's all it was.

- Sometimes it still feels a little strange not hearing and seeing Tiger Lily around the house. Since Tiger Lily passed, Wendy has definitely been confused because she's always looking for her in Mom's room.

Not that there's any love lost between the mother-daughter pair. During Tiger Lily's last days, she and Wendy had to be completely separated.

~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

 photo july2512_5_zps89aeac68.jpg

- I had the strangest dream this morning. My nocturnal ramblings have been incredibly mundane for the longest time, so I was pretty proud of this one.

I typed it up on my Dreams blog, so click HERE to read it if interested.

Or if you have nothing better to do during a bout of insomnia and random blog reading. I've had far more interesting dreams in the past, but this was still a lot more interesting than the dreams I've had lately.

- Updated my latest blog HERE the other day. So far I've only copy/pasted a few articles from my old site. I think that eventually I'll post more on that blog than this one.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now back to Christmas....

These are my favorite holiday specials. Definitely my Top 2. It just wouldn't be Christmas without them.

-

Confession:
I still have TTNBC on the dvr. I might have to watch it tonight.

And just FYI, when Mickey's Christmas Carol airs on television they edit the everlasting you-know-what out of it. It's quite unfortunate really, so I'm grateful I have my own unedited copy from when it aired in the 90's. It's not fantastic quality, but it's better than the edited version.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Isn't this fun? My sister's hubby just bought this for her. The lights projector includes a bunch of holidays, too. Not just Christmas. I wonder what the Halloween version looks like.





My mother wants one of these in the worst way. She's so great when it comes to decorating for the holidays, and this is right up her alley.

UPDATE: Worried a lot more about Maddie. My sister decided to come in from Austin today and my parents and brother are going on vacation to the beach this weekend. I'm worried about Maddie getting worse while they're away. I think she's sprained her leg really bad. My guess is it happened when she jumped off the bed the other day... which is something she never does and she knows we don't allow.

To be frank, I don't know what to think. She goes from acting perfectly normal to whining a little or plopping down on the floor suddenly. She still begs for food, barks when the other girls do, and goes up and down the stairs.

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.