Monday, October 29, 2012

Great Pumpkin Time


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Tonight the Great Pumpkin will rise out of the pumpkin patch. He flies through the air and brings toys to all the children of the world."
- Linus Van Pelt Photobucket

Ya gotta love that Linus and his unwavering faith in The Great Pumpkin... and then Sally's faith in Linus. After all, she thinks he's the cutest thing and has the nicest sense of humor.

Of all the Peanuts characters, Linus is my favorite. (Next in line would be Sally and Peppermint Patty. And who doesn't love Snoopy?)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Since I posted a lot of Halloween photos the other day, from past Halloween's, I thought that would take care of my Halloween fix.

It didn't, so I am really excited about putting together our decorations for this year. Can you believe Halloween is THIS week? Halloween is also my aunt's birthday.

Anyway... ahem, I feel like I have to apologize beforehand because I'm sensing a theme here on my blog..... but I felt it appropriate to post various Disney Halloween videos. Yes, I said it for the millionth time. Disney. Disney, Disney, Disney.

That is to say, VINTAGE DISNEY... which everyone knows is the best kind. (Since today's Disney is heavily influenced by tweens with their Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers... or whoever it is that's popular these days).

Remember to pause the ipod in the sidebar!

Photobucket

-

-

-

Photobucket

And what would Halloween be without The Great Pumpkin as well? I think Donald and Mickey can make room for more Linus and Co. in this entry. Besides, Halloween without The Great Pumpkin is like Christmas without The Grinch... Oreo Cookies without that tall glass of ice cold milk.... Timon without Pumbaa... Hakuna without the Matata.

-

-

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually wish I had a job for Wednesday/Halloween. Certain schools allow the staff and students to dress up in costumes, which is always fun. (Masks aren't allowed, of course). I can't get a job for that day though because that's the morning the new mattress for our guest bedroom is being delivered.

I'm really glad we're turning that room back into a bedroom. I'll have to post pictures of the changes around here soon, but not everything is 100% done yet. And I haven't even taken photos of the necklaces and card I made for Mom's birthday.

Photobucket

Only my FAVORITE Halloween flick EVER!

 photo gmc1_zps45a7fc64.jpg



And of course I love this classic, too. Arsenic and Old Lace, with Cary Grant.



Well, I think I'm gonna either open more windows now or turn the AC back on. Our 3 full days of Fall weather is already leaving us. By Friday it's supposed to be nearing 90 degrees again. It was so nice chucking the sandals for a few days and wearing a light sweater. Goodness, it was wonderful!!! I even listened to my Christmas cd during those days. (You never know when it'll be cool again, so you have to cram a little Christmas into those days when it's below 70). I came close to thinking about putting up the Christmas tree or village, but I didn't since I had a lot of re-organizing and throwing away of stuff to do. That closet in the guest bedroom was overflowing with boxes of old stuff.

Photobucket

Quote of the Day:

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.