Thursday, January 13, 2011

Taciturn Kitty, Books and Ghosts


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

"Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily go in one ear and out the other."- Stephen Baker

Photobucket

The above quote is true because I've been begging Wendy Kitty, and for months, to meow just once. She hasn't made a peep since October!

She's always been a quiet little thing; so quiet that most times when she DOES meow she does it with her mouth closed. Lol! (It's actually really cute. It's strange, yet endearing. I need to get that on film someday). But if she ever makes a sound, it's only purring, snoring in her sleep or hissing at her mother.

It's like she's suddenly Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I'm beginning to wonder if Wendy is in love with a human, and she's struck a deal of her own with some evil Ursula-type character whom stole her voice as collateral should her magic go awry.

Or maybe her reason for being mute is something more spiritual; a vow of silence maybe? Photobucket

Wendy has always been strange - daily, I find her eating the dog food and she won't drink out of the water bowl unless it's tipped over on one side - but I don't think she's ever gone this long without making a peep. It seems so unnatural.

Being a cat, she's probably doing it on purpose. Every single day that I ask her to speak, and she doesn't, she's probably doing a little victory dance.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Well, I read a few chapters about a month ago but need to get back to it. So far it's just smut, but I'm hoping that will change. Like I said, I'm only a few chapters into it so it still could be good. It got really good reviews, which is why I decided to read it. (I haven't read any of her books before).

I sort of want to read Teresa Medeiro's new novel, "Goodnight Tweetheart."

Photobucket

It's received really good reviews as well. The only thing stopping me is wondering if the Twitter format will drive me up the wall or not. They say that 90% of the book is in Twitter format. (When I read The Princess Diaries, and... Anne of Windy Poplars?.... a long time ago, the whole letter format I really hated).

But people are saying this new book of hers is really funny and sweet and sort of sad, so that really makes me want to pick it up asap.

What am I talking about? I haven't even read "Dreamfever" by KMM yet! I'm petrified of seeing spoilers about Barrons once "Shadowfever" is released, but there's no way I'm spending that much money on a hardcover again. I think I paid $26 for the "Darkfever" harcover. I swore never to do that again.

Why-oh-why do paperbacks have to sell for close to $10 these days? It's so depressing because there are so many books out there that I want to read. (I don't use the library over here because the people are snobs, and I like to own all the books I read).

Photobucket

Photobucket

What's with all the old Ghost Hunters International team disappearing? I finally got around to reading the rumors and explanations on their forums, but I find it highly suspect that almost ALL of them have left pretty much at the same time.

And while it feels a little strange to have Barry and Kris as leaders of GHI, I kinda like the change. This way I can hear a lot more of Barry's Irish lilt. (He's really the only reason I ever watch that show nowadays. Even GH I've sort of gotten bored with. Barry is a drama queen, but I find that entertaining).

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.