

My brother and his new gal, Lissa, came over last weekend. This was my first time meeting her. She's really nice, and she and my brother really compliment each other. They're both competitive, and are always wrestling and just acting like kids. She even bites him when they wrestle! (I saw the proof on his hand.
I've no doubt he deserved it).When my brother was married, I never saw him so affectionate and playful. They're CONSTANTLY picking on each other. She really puts him in his place, which I have to say is quite refreshing. My brother is not the easiest person to get along with. While he is really funny, he's also very opinionated, arrogant and looooves to argue. But he and this new lady of his... well they're hilarious to watch and it's obvious that my brother is really happy with her. I'm really not a people person, but I feel pretty comfortable around her. I really like her.
I also like her two furkids! Say Hello to "Beans!" (Or "The Beans," as my brother calls him). I am so in love with this dog. He actually has a natural Mohawk! Beans is only 2 years old.


And this little vintage lady is "Crunchy." Crunchy is one teensy, tiny little thing. I think she's 6 years old, and in her pictures she looks double the size she really is.


After a while, all the dogs got along. Well, Crunchy didn't play with any of them. She growls a lot, protecting my brother and Lissa, and it is SO CUTE!!!! I know she wants to seem all bad@ss and intimidating and larger than life but really.... she's just one of the cutest dogs on earth!
Here's a video of them playing together for the first time:
~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~

And you already know these little gals of mine. After their company left, they were exhausted. If a truckload of doggy treats pulled into the living room, they would have continued sleeping. These gals were completely spent.








~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~
Got my brother and his new lady some Christmas stockings.


Would you know that Lissa has NEVER IN HER LIFE celebrated Christmas? It wasn't for some religious purpose either. Her mother just never celebrated it. She's never had a tree, a Christmas stocking, Christmas presents... nothing!
So seeing how decorated our house is for the holidays, she was quite smitten. She really loved it. (My brother warned her before she came here that our house looks like "A Hallmark Christmas").


My niece was interviewed on tv! You can even see a closeup of my nephew playing trumpet. (My niece first shows up 46 seconds into the video, and you see my nephew really quick at the 1:48 mark).
They're going to come here tomorrow. (Though we're not doing any Thanksgiving cooking at all. We figure they'd be pretty sick of it, seeing how they're spending T-giving Day at two houses. I think we're having barbecue). First, my nephew will be driving down with his mother/my sister. Later in the day, my niece will be here with her Dad. He's working half the day and she wanted to be able to say goodbye to her boyfriend since it's their 2 month anniversary. Isn't that sweet?
Her young man writes for the county's orchestra, and has won 2 contests for writing the best symphony. (He has a genius IQ). The one he just won is a symphony he wrote for my niece.
Yes, he wrote a SYMPHONY for her. He won't let her listen to it until the orchestra plays it though. He's a really great kid that is involved with A LOT of activities. I haven't met him yet, but I love everything that I've heard about him.
He's also written a symphony for his mother once. Can you imagine?!
Which reminds me that my brother wrote a song once, too. He was in junior high I think. He wrote it on some fancy computer program my mother bought him. It took him all summer to compose it. He called it "Kingdom Skies." I swear that if I ever win the lotto, I'm going to hire an orchestra to play it. My brother doesn't care a snit about it. (He's one of those creative types where once the project is over, he completely detaches himself from it. Some kid on the internet actually STOLE it, and he didn't care at all. Me... I'm still seething over it).

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:
- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.