Friday, November 9, 2012

Some Favorite Blogs


Current Mood: Photobucket

 photo 11-9-12_zps79710bac.jpg

Ever had one of those evenings where you can hardly contain your glee that the day is f-i-n-a-l-l-y over? And to make it even better, tomorrow is Saturday! Today I worked at the new school I've been dreading going to for so long. It wasn't exactly a great day.

I had to fill in for Computer Lab as well as the class I actually accepted... the classroom was so boiling hot it felt like a sauna.... for a school that's so HUGE, it had an embarrassing lack of bathroom stalls.... the teacher's lounge is kept locked, which meant that the one coke machine in this school was barred to me.... the secretary there was nice, and a bit of a ding-dong.... but I guess the day could have been worse. There were a couple of funny moments in the day. (While a lot of 8th Graders are just plain weird, they're also really funny without even meaning to).

My one regret was not sending this one belligerent, delusional, wannabee diva to the principal's office. I RARELY send anyone to the principal, but boy did this little Miss &%^$ deserve a darn good spanking! (Discipline begins at home, and apparently this girl receives none). The only reason I didn't send her sorry derriere to the office was because this was my first day at this school.

Needless to say, I was SO HAPPY when I was greeted by the dogs when I got home. We were all very happy to see each other.

Of course, Wendy Kitty didn't miss me at all. She was far more interested in the delicious smell of dinner cooking on the stove.

Photobucket

Photobucket

To celebrate this day being over I'm not going to bore you any further with a boring blog post that will send you off to the Land of Nod. Instead, I'm directing you to a few of my favorite blogs. I've done this a couple times before, but now I think I'll start doing this more often.

Here's my first round of faves:

Susan Branch

I can't imagine anyone not knowing who Susan Branch is. A couple months ago was when I discovered her blog. It's so much fun to read, and she always has some nice photos posted on there.

Until I found her website, I had no idea she was such a fan of Beatrix Potter. In her house... which is really pretty. I love the feel of the neighborhood she lives in... she even has what she calls "The Peter Rabbit Room." Cute, huh?

Creative Breathing

Just fun-fun-FUN! Lots of vintage goodness and pretty projects. (I LOVED the Christmas-themed shadowboxes so much that we just bought the materials to make our own). This is one of the most cheerful blogs I've ever visited, and I love the name of it.

Over The Rainebeau

Lots of freebies and pretty things here. Jewelry, banners, mini-books (I fell madly in love with those), altered journals, etc. Loads of creative talent! Very inspiring.

Photobucket

Photobucket

-



All together now.... "Ahhhh." Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you survived the day! Enjoy your weekend :)

    Thanks for the cute videos. Just love how Golden bobs his head in time with the music! What a sweetie. Our dog Emma barks like she's rabid when ''Daddy' plays guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those are cute! The Dog and Cat Sleeping should be called Cat Sleeps while dog looks concerned! Very funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.