

"What a nice month this November has been!" said Anne, who had never quite got over her childish habit of talking to herself. "November is usually such a disagreeable month... as if the year had suddenly found out that she was growing old and could do nothing but weep and fret over it. This year is growing old gracefully, just like a stately old lady who knows she can be charming even with gray hair and wrinkles."
- Anne of Avonlea
~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~
I hope you are having a Happy Thanksgiving. Ours has been lazy, laid back and bittersweet, since my niece and nephew left very early this morning. (I hardly got to see my niece at all). Like every Thanksgiving, I'm pretty upset now that they've left.
But I'll not get into all that because it just makes me sad and angry and solves nothing. It is what it is, and I do have a lot to be thankful for.
And I try to remind myself of this throughout the year, so I guess that's why Thanksgiving has never been a huge deal to me. It's also just too similar to Christmas... minus the gifts, music and decorations. Even the dinner is the same.

I really do miss the kids. I haven't seen them in a while, so it was wonderful spending even that smallest amount of time with them. Mom and I take what we can get, ya know. My niece was so funny when they left. (She's always funny). When I hugged her goodbye, she said "Oh no, you're coming with me" and then tried picking me up and carrying me out the door.

Anyhow, it's picture time!

(Sorry for the weird lighting. I tried remedying that, but finally gave up).
As you can see here, Abby loves having company over just as much as Maddie and Izzy do. She just went from person to person this morning, asking for belly scratches.



I never got around to taking a picture of Maisy. (My niece and nephew's dog. I always feel sorry for her at Thanksgiving, because the family has no choice but to cart her with them and crate her).


Since Mom and I were alone on Thanksgiving and needed a distraction from depression, we did some Christmas crafting. She put together Grandma's glitter house church, and then made a new glitter house for us.
Abby had a blast outside with us. Whenever we sprinkled the glitter and snow, she tried catching it in her mouth like they were snowflakes. It was pretty cute! She reminded me of that one little scene in A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Our glitter house is almost done. It would be finished, but we need to buy a fence for it. I think we might put a lamppost on there, too, and I need to scrape off some of the glitter on the little pond by the penguin.
Normally, we would have used a smaller base but we couldn't find one. I've been wanting us to make a larger one anyway, so I was happy.
Here are photos of the work in progress:








And here's Grandma's church:


After getting covered in glitter and Elmer's spray glue, Mom couldn't stand not having stuffing at least for Turkey Day so she made some for us and Dad. She made stuffing, deviled eggs and rolls. Wendy Kitty almost decapitated our snowman, "Sweet William," again while trying to jump up on the kitchen cabinet to see what was cooking. Of course, she got tangled up in the tree on one of the glitter houses, and then she bit me for it.
Typical.

While all that was cooking, I put together a little scene of my own. I think it turned out cute! We had this little bird out last year, sans all the snow. We bought it a little after Christmas, and I just never got around to taking a picture of it.


I just remembered that we bought a pretty Christmas deer at Old Town Spring yesterday. (And boy was it humid and hot for late November!) We found it at Thad's. (Where else?) I'll have to take a photo of it sometime.

A Happy Belated Thanksgiving! A shame that your niece and nephew had to leave so soon... but at least you were able to have a little time together. Your niece sure is a true beauty :) Just love the adorable glitter house and church, and that little snowman under glass is too cute for words :D
ReplyDeleteKristin, Happy belated Thanksgiving and I am so happy you found my blog because now I found yours. I love to find kindred spirits in the internet :-)
ReplyDeleteJust checked out some of your past posts. The house is glorious, beautiful people, pets and decor. Love the glitter and well you are also so talented and your blog is just lovely! Happy Belated Thanksgiving, on to Christmas!
ReplyDelete