Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bookworms and Quilters


Photobucket

Mom and I met up with Grandma today, and I got to see some of the quilt she's making me. It's really pretty!

At Market Street I finally used my Border's gift card on those books that I wanted.

I still need 2 other books by this author, plus a short story:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I am so glad I had a gift card for these, otherwise I'd never have bought them. $7 for a paperback is a little ridiculous. I guess I'm getting old b/c I remember when PB's were $3 and $4. (Nowadays, the USED one's cost that).

And don't get me started on the hardcovers! I still haven't read KMM's latest book b/c I'm waiting for the paperback. The HC at Borders today was $26, and that's before tax!

Oh! The checker at Border's today was this sweet old man. (He had a strange accent, so understanding him was a little hard at times). He held up my gift card, and said - "You know what this means, right? It means that someone loves you very much." Lol! Of course, he then mentioned how because I spent over a certain amount, then I can buy this little stuffed animal bunny rabbit for just $7.

Umm.... After buying 4 books that cost over $30 - even with a gift card plus a few dollars over - I'd better get that darn rabbit FOR FREE!

Photobucket

But he was really sweet.
Before even handing me my Bag-'O-Scottish-Alpha Males,Photobucket
he told me not only to have a good day today, but to have a good day today "and every single day after that." Lol!

Below is a vid I found of Market Street in the Woodlands. I wish I had been there that day! I mean, BAGPIPES?!



By the way, the weather today was GORGEOUS!!!!! Chilly in the morning, then it felt like spring. It was such a beautiful, sunny day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today is Lance and Laura's last day at Disney World.
Sad, huh? Photobucket

They were at MK earlier... called us from Aloha Isle... and I know they'll be there tonight.

Photobucket

And Dad comes home tomorrow, too. He'll be back around Noon, and Lance & Laura around 3:30 or 4:00 I guess. The dogs are gonna be overjoyed tomorrow.

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.