Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Huh? What'd you say? I can't hear you!


Photobucket

Watch the video below to enter the portal to Hell in a Handbasket



Those machines you're hearing....... well, there are FIVE of those monsters in our kitchen, and in this house (open concept) it is LOUD and echoes everywhere.

Did I mention we're hearing these for THREE DAYS AND NIGHTS NONSTOP?!

And sometime they'll be cutting an even bigger hole in the ceiling. They really should have done that today.

Multiply this noise by about 200, and you'll understand how LOUD it is. We'll be hearing this for 3 days and 3 nights nonstop, all the while keeping the cats away from crawling inside the walls.

Also, all week we're dogsitting while my bro and SIL are at Disney.

Then add all the workers that will be here making a ruckus for at least a week.

Anyway, at least we're able to stay here at all. Dad is not handling this well. Poor Mom. Mom even had to cancel her doctor's appointment from all this. (Which reminds me that she had a BAD experience with a really evil pharmacist yesterday. We waited there for AN HOUR, and the brat pretended the prescription wasn't there. I'm still too peeved to even talk about the details). And Mom is REALLY worried about the water bill. They told us they'll make no adjustments for us at all. Lovely people, eh?

Yeah, I'm hoping misfortune will fall on their heads just like the farmhouse did on The Wicked Witch of the West in "The Wizard of Oz."

Photobucket

Dad was even HUNG UP on today! He asked these people just when they'd be here. They replied no one was coming, then said someone was coming, but that there was something wrong with his policy. When Dad asked just what the heck they were talking about, they HUNG UP ON HIM! So Dad calls his agent, and they tell him there's nothing wrong with it.

Anyway, I'm really proud of our pets. The dogs - and cats - have handled all this chaos beautifully, and they even got their baths today. (They had to have baths today b/c of company tomorrow, but they got them this morning instead of tonight. Why? How about a potty disaster with poor Izzy. See? It's even the little things like that that crop up around here lately).

Well, at least we're able to stay at the house during all this. I'm already sick of microwaveable food and take out, but at least Mom doesn't have to cook and I don't have to do the dishes! My stomach is bothering me though. It has since last night.

And speaking of food, dinner tonight was Mac & Cheese. In the food department, it's almost like the 15-day Hurricane Ike aftermath.

Oh! And soon we can't even use the microwave because of all the cabinets that have to be removed. And... we can't use the kitchen sink either.

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.