Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What Snow?


Photobucket

Well, snow finally arrived on my doorstep.... or should I say "snow" mixed with rain and sleet off and on for the equivalent of about an hour, and at nighttime.

Not impressed.

Nope, not gonna lie. I'm just not happy about it.

College Station, Austin - (have family in both areas) - and Dallas gets snow like you wouldn't believe and we get wimpy little snow flurries and rain.

Sigh...

The funny thing is that the last time it snowed here in December, when once again we received zippo accumulation, I think Dad was out of town that day as well. I find it kind of odd that if it snows here at all, Dad is always in another state.

But I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY feel sorry for Lance and Laura. When Lance saw snow recently, it wasn't that much; more than we're used to, but it was still just a dusting. And poor Laura.... she saw no snow at all.

It's just that I saw on tv last night just how much snow they received in Austin all day long. Even at night, it was still covering the ground. True, Lance and Laura are at Disney World but THAT MUCH SNOW is soooo very RARE. I really do feel sorry for them. I feel sorrier for them than I do myself.

Photobucket

By the way, I LOVE the video below. I think it's hilarious that the little girl goes back inside long before the Mom does. Lol! I would definitely do the same as the Mom.

Clicky HERE for video

THIS video is nice, too. Very scenic and gives you a real feel for the more secluded Austin areas.

Photobucket

*~*~*~*~*

Pics my sister sent:

It looks like Lukie was hit with a snowball! Lol!

Photobucket

Photobucket

- Here is Abby wondering what the snow flurries are.



- And this is a short video of her in Mom's room before the flurries came.



- Then of course there's this pic.

Photobucket
(Click on Thumbnail)

Is it deep space or snow in the night?

Hmm....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lance and Laura didn't go to EPCOT last night. All the parks closed early.

I can't believe they only have two full days left at the parks. It's gone by so fast, and they're staying for an entire week! I expected it to move so much slower.
Photobucket
Just like on his last trip, my brother is gonna come home so angry. He becomes so overworked in his daily life that the vacation - which he needs badly - whizzes past far too soon.

Photobucket

Lance and Laura went to Animal Kingdom this morning.

And then they headed back to....

Well Hollywood Studios of course! Lol!

Photobucket

Last year it was "Soarin" over at EPCOT that Lance was obsessed with. This year it's Toy Story Mania at HS.

He also went to The Magic Kingdom today. Tonight, they had to get back to the hotel early though because it is POURING.

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.