Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bibbidi Bobbidi


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my very first Texture Tuesday!

Shameless Plug: I recently discovered Kim Klassen through the "Snippets from Springdale" blog. She has some beautiful photos there, and a CUTE little dog named Toby so be sure to visit her blog if you haven't.

I am veeeery much a newbie at all this... (It's been difficult finding tutorials on how to do this through GIMP)... but I’ve decided to just have fun pretending that I know what the heck I’m doing. Photobucket

The Kim Klassen textures I used were “Oh My” and “Be Still.”

Photobucket

kimklassencafe

Photobucket

Oops! I have to show you Gieselle's red shoes. I think she must be a sassy one, as fairy godmothers go. What do you think?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sassiness aside, I'm just not so sure about Gieselle's ability to grant wishes to we mere mortals. I can't tell you how many times I've rubbed that fancy crown on her head (a la Aladdin's-magical-genie-lamp style) and STILL I haven't won the Texas lottery. Either her magic wand is broken, or she's a fan of being a tease by making us wait first before granting us our millions and unlimited trips to Disney World.

Photobucket



7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful blog! I smiled and nodded at your description of your wishful life. From the looks of your blog you are very romantic.

    Now for your photo...you've done a wonderful job creating a dreamy Giselle with your photo processing. I hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you wish upon a star .... you've done a great job editing this photo.
    Love the mouse carrying the snowdrops in your sidebar - is it from a vintage children's book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to meet a fellow Disney lover. I think your fairy godmother image is very cute. If this is your first time using textures, I wouldn't be able to tell. You did a very nice job. Good luck in winning the lottery...be sure to share the wealth when you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristen! Gieselle is pretty sweet! Good luck with the textures. There's so much to learn! That's something on my very long "to do someday" list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Kristin. Glad you joined us today. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely photo and you've done a great job editing - I love your choice of textures - they work so well and give it a great vintage feel.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog - have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Texture Tuesdays and to the world of textures! Enjoyed my visit to your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.