Thursday, May 17, 2012

Books &... " What the Frigg?!"


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

It's official. Summer is almost here. It is so hot out there.

Photobucket

Photobucket
For the first time in my life I actually have books to trade!

When Borders was closing and I was pretty much in Heaven with their big sales, I was lucky enough to replace some of my old used books with brand new ones.... so now I can trade the old.

And Mom has a lot of books to trade in, too, so I think we’re gonna have a lot of fun at the local used bookstore sometime soon. This particular store is ridiculously expensive, but all the used bookstores around here are. Only at the antique mall can I buy books for under $2, while everywhere else they start at a whopping $4 a piece.

Ridiculous for a book that isn’t new, but the antique mall rarely has books on my Wish list. (Which is currently about 5 pages long).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Since Lowe’s is out of the way, I decided to check out the paint at Ace Hardware, which is right by my house. I went there to match the “Shining Armor” color, but decided to try a lighter tone instead. It was difficult choosing between two colors, but I decided to go with the color pictured above.

I have a sample of it that I need to try before deciding for certain. I’m pretty picky (which is an understatement), but hopefully I’ll love the color and can start painting this weekend.

Photobucket

UPDATE:

Photobucket

It's a colossal disaster. The color does not match the sample AT ALL. The paint is a very light baby blue and not smoky in the slightest.

Either the paint guy mixed it wrong or Benjamin Moore paint is a joke. I am so very upset right now. What's the point of having those sample cards if they don't match the paint at all?

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.