

Now that's what I call sound advice!



Happy Memorial Day, Everyone!

The temperatures around here are now in the 90's... currently, a boiling 95 degrees.... so we've been spending more time indoors than out.
No, I guess that isn't true since
I mean, how can I say no to this??????

Cue the Aaaaah's.
And she isn't even purposely being cute here. I haven't yet written about it, but Abby has the most endearing quirks, habits, personality, you-name-it. I'm not even entirely convinced that she's just another cute dog.
She's gotta be part Angel.



So my niece and nephew both have posted some new videos, which are a real treat for me considering I never see them unless it's in photos.
This first video was of my niece conducting the incoming 9th Graders. (My niece was just made drum major. I've babbled about it all in previous posts, but we're very proud of her. She's the youngest drum major - 15 years old - their school has ever had. She's at the end of her Freshman year now).

The second video was a Spanish Class project my nephew and his friend did. It was really silly!
Watching those vids were bittersweet for me... (I live for denial when it comes to my niece and nephew's ages. When they moved to Austin, my niece was barely 3 years old and her big brother in Kindergarten. I've been missing them ever since. They have no idea just how much). ... but it was also pretty awesome.


I really need to start reading again. It isn't like I don't already have enough books in my TBR pile anyway, which is only growing by the minute. How does that saying go?

Yeah, well... in my case that would be 148 more books I have to read.
And here I also have books that I need to trade at the used bookstore so that I can get some new one's! (I NEVER trade books since I like to own every book I read. The one's I'm trading now are one's I was fortunate enough to replace with new one's when Borders was closing).
Not only that, but yesterday I discovered that the paperback version of Diana Gabaldon's "The Scottish Prisoner" will be released on Tuesday.
I'm pretty sure this spells t-r-o-u-b-l-e. I have something like $6 left on my gift card, so maybe I can put that towards the book. It depends on how expensive it is. I'm only interested in this book because it involves Jamie-oh-how-I-wish-you-weren't-a-fictional-character-Fraser.
By the way, I am still extremely PO-ed at Claire from the last book. (If bored, read my 'review' and little rant here). HOW COULD THEY DO THAT?!?!?!?!?!?! Initially, I forgave her - them - but then they just had to dig that knife a little deeper into my heart.

Hi! Thanks for giving me the details for the Titanic video, I watched it yesterday and it was awesome!
ReplyDeleteWhat you say about books is true for me, too! I never trade! Have you ever read any Marian Keyes books? I think you will love her novels! She's my favorite.
Happy Memorial Day!
I've heard of her, but I haven't read any of her books... yet. :p
ReplyDeleteKristin