

After my brother, his almost-fiancee... (he's proposing this Christmas)... and his future mother-in-law left for the airport early yesterday morning, we met up with my sister's family to eat lunch and exchange gifts.
We had to bide our time in some stores first, which reminds me that I forgot to post these photos from a while back. I fell in love with these little owl Christmas decorations.


Aren't they cute?!




Mom got a new camera a few weeks ago and I'm still having trouble taking good photos. (Even the video can be choppy, as evidenced above).
The color saturation can be so Meh and Blah Orange! Either it's ME that's the problem, or the camera isn't so good after all. It's a Nikon CoolPix S9300 16.0 Mega-pixels.
I am so tired of spending so much time trying to take nice photos. Half the pictures even turn out blurry most of the time.



Don't you love how my brother wrapped Mom's Christmas gift?
Creative as always.
He just rolled out an entire roll of wrapping paper... no scissors were used... and then had me assist him by applying huge pieces of duct tape. (I was FORCED into being a part of this. It was completely against my will, I tell ya. I am innocent). I asked if he wanted some kiddie stickers to go with it, but he declined.






Pictured above is my brother's CHEATING attempts at making a gingerbread truck. He specifically went to the store to find a truck to use in his creative, aka cheating, efforts.
He's really fond of the little "fin" he made on the back.
And I'm happy to announce that my future SIL "sabotaged" a part of his truck while he wasn't looking.


-
-
The doggies and cat loooved their toys from Santa!






Very unique. What a wonderful
I believe this qualifies it as a limited edition.





Lissa has never celebrated Christmas before, and my brother wanted her to make her very first gingerbread house this year.
I love the sweet little heart. That's fitting, considering she's going to be proposed to this Christmas. (She knows about it).

Mom loved her Christmas presents, especially the Owl Carving. She's wanted this for 3 years, to place outside the gate on our land. (It's in "Owl Creek").
And this stone owl weighs A TON! You can't move it anywhere without a dolly.



'Twas the night before Christmas, in Texas ya know.
Way out on the prairie, without any snow.
Asleep in their cabin, were Buddy and Sue,
A dreamin' of Christmas, like me and you.
Not stockings, but boots, at the foot of their bed,
For this was Texas, what more need be said?
When all of a sudden, from out of the still night,
There came such a ruckus, it gave me a fright.
And I saw 'cross the prairie, like a shot from a gun,
A loaded up buckboard, come on at a run,
The driver was "Geein" and "Hawin", with a will,
The horses (not reindeer) he drove with such skill.

"Come on there Buck, Poncho, & Prince, to the right,
There'll be plenty of travelin' for you all tonight."
The driver in Levi's and a shirt that was red,
Had a ten-gallon Stetson on top of his head.
As he stepped from the buckboard, he was really a sight,
With his beard and moustache, so curly and white.
As he burst in the cabin, the children awoke,
And were so astonished, that neither one spoke.
And he filled up their boots with such presents galore,
That neither could think of a single thing more.
When Buddy recovered the use of his jaws,
He asked in a whisper, "Are you really Santa Claus?"
"Am I the real Santa? Well, what do you think?"
And he smiled as he gave a mysterious wink.
Then he leaped in his buckboard, and called back in his drawl,
"To all the children in Texas, Merry Christmas, All Y'all"




My four little reindeer....




"There's somethin' in the wind today that's good for everyone.
Yes, faith is our hearts today, we're shinin' like the sun.
And everyone can feel it, the feelin's runnin' deep.
After all there's only one more sleep till Christmas.
After all there's only one more sleep till Christmas day."
Only One More Sleep Until Christmas! I'm sure that Santa and his team will need a lot of fuel to travel around the world tonight, so remember Santa's cookies and tall glass of milk.
And don't forget the carrots for the reindeer!

Merry Christmas! :)
ReplyDelete