

Not feeling well - caught my niece's cold or something on Christmas Eve - so I'll babble quickly and just post a few pics and vids.
- Mom received her kindle! It arrived around 15 minutes after my brother got here from Austin.
- The electricity went out last night, AGAIN. (At first it kept turning off and on every single second; 12 times at least, then it finally went out completely for that one hour). It was out from around 10:30 - 11:30.
FYI: I find it a little funny that a new (and very kind) neighbor dropped by with her kids to give Mom a little Christmas gift. Appropriately enough, it was a CANDLE which was lit with all the others when the power went out later that evening. Lol!
- A cool front blew in Christmas Eve night! It was very windy and even tonight it's actually cold! It's really lovely, as for the past week it's been in the 80's and very, very, VERY humid.
Did I mention it was very, very, VERY humid?
- I find it a little strange that when my brother and SIL were here Thanskgiving night, we had a lot of STRONG winds. (We're talking major gusts here). Then when they came back on Christmas Eve, it was the exactly same kind of strange weather happening all over again.
It's like they're Mary Poppins and the wind comes into town when they do. ;o)
(I think the above sentence proves how much I miss Disney. My only cure is to go back).
- I think Mom had a pretty good Christmas, but it could have been better seeing as Dad hasn't been home once since he left for Iowa. Since then there's been Thanksgiving, then their anniversary a few days ago, and now Christmas and New Years.
- Here are some pics and vids of the girls this trip. I wish I got some good pics of Izzy and Tiger Lily, but I didn't. Tiger Lily was sleeping, and Izzy would never sit still long enough to be anything but a blur on the camera.
I'm sure you can guess when the first picture was taken, no?

Maddie was a very happy girl this Christmas. She LOVES company (all the girls do), and my brother of course.

Larger Pic
Here's one of my gifts. (Next to The Beast, Nana has always been my favorite Disney character. She reminds me so much of our sweet Bambi that passed away many years ago).

Oddly enough, Wendy and Tiger Lily both weren't very sociable during the unwrapping of gifts this year. I was lucky to get this quick pic of Wendy.

My brother's dog, Abby. I looooove her!!!!


Just a normal day around here, in the dark....
Before Abby left this morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:
- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.