Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Of Bunnies, Opera... & Spooks?


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

-

-

That last video reminds me of something. I had a nightmare the other night, that I forgot to DVR Disney's Easter Parade. (Yes, for a Disney Maniac that most definitely qualifies as a nightmare). At first, I thought they canceled it this year, but then I caught the tail end of the parade or some other special in which they just showed The Muppets. There was some kind of burgundy colored metal tower or scaffolding behind them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It seems Wendy has recognized that Abigail is a cat person. Just tonight I found Wendy and Abby both resting together behind the couch.

Wendy has NEVER gone back there before.

Abby has always liked cats. Since she's come to live with us, she's always trying to clean Wendy's ears just like she did to Sadie at my brother's house. And even last night I saw her trying to do that, and then Wendy rubbed her face against her neck and gave her one of her little 'love bites.'

Izzy and Maddie have always hated that, and don't trust Wendy, but Abby seems to have bonded with her. I think they're Kindred Spirits.

Photobucket

Photobucket
On this blog I never post things like this.. since I tend to 'organize' my blogs by subject matter... but this is just so amazing to me. I was just told that over Spring Break my nephew was in Port Aransas, visiting the USS Lexington with the marching band.

(Quick Side Note: The last time he was there was with his father, when he was a little boy still. They went for Boy Scouts or something. But back then I had this dream where I saw he and his father walking down a plane runway on this huge battleship. The sun was setting, there were jets lined up along both sides of them, and they were walking down the center strip and were alone. Years later I mentioned my dream, and my nephew said that that actually happened. And at that time I didn't even know he and his Dad were visiting there).

Anyway, he and his friend were just roaming one of the hallways there. They were totally alone, but then a man in a 1940's Captain's uniform is next to them. He looks at them, steps out of the way and tells them to pass. My nephew thought he was a re-enactor. Not for one minute did he think he was a ghost. He looked solid, looked them straight in the eye and spoke to them. After they passed this guy, Luke remembered that the ship is known to be haunted. He immediately stopped and looked behind him.

The man was gone. They were walking down a l-o-n-g, empty corridor and he just wasn't there. My nephew and his friend then checked the doors and they were all locked.

Realizing he just saw a ghost, he was pretty frightened I think. He texted his mother about it, and then asked his friend if he thinks any spirits here know that they're dead.

Now here comes the strange, unsettling part and I swear on everything and everyone I love that I'm speaking the truth.

But right after he said that, they heard a very LOUD bang and my nephew was pushed against the wall. Actually, he said he was thrown against it. (Just FYI: This is the second time this has happened to him in a haunted location, but... that's another experience I'll type up one day if I ever start a new paranormal blog).

He and his friend also heard the sounds of a lot of men running down the hall. He said the sounds were behind them, in front of them, around them... but they were alone. I don't know if this happened in the same hallway though.

To me, it sounds like the Captain they saw either doesn't know he's passed or is just happy enough staying put on that ship. The running sounds down the corridor though... sounds like an imprint to me.

Anyway, I just thought that was neat. I especially think it's amazing because this happened in a historical place. On the other hand, I don't think my nephew cared for the experience. He isn't a fan of that kind of stuff. Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I discovered a few more songs by Jonathan Antoine last night.
The first two are new favorites.

-

-

There are two songs in the fourth video. The second is a duet, from "Carousel" I think?

-

-

And in case you missed it, here's what started it all.



Photobucket


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.