Monday, April 2, 2012

Road Trip!


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are some a lot of photos and video of our trip to see the bluebonnets this weekend. I took more than these posted here, but I don't think I'll bother uploading them. As it is, uploading them online took f-o-r-e-v-e-r. I didn't even bother editing these. They are what they are.

Unfortunately, I had the camera on the wrong setting so they're not very large. And since we went out to our land we didn't bother looking for the bluebonnets where we usually do, but that didn't really matter since I think we missed seeing them at their peak.

To save space and loading time, all the photos, and most of the videos, are thumbnails to click on. If any of the embedded videos don't load, a quick refresh should do the trick.

Speaking of the videos, I'm disappointed. They look nice when viewing on the computer, but from Photobucket the picture quality really went downhill.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



Nice singing with Waylon Jennings, Dad. Photobucket



Photobucket

Washington on the Brazos

You cannot imagine the bugs that were there. Taking photos and video were really difficult because they were constantly buzzing in my face.

I know I took pictures and video of Independence Hall, but they never showed up upon uploading. I'm really confused and upset over that, but at least I have pictures of the hall from a previous trip.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket-Photobucket

Video:

The Brazos River, and the 'Anson Jones' home.



Photobucket-Photobucket



Photobucket-Photobucket

Photobucket

Our Land

Clearly, the grass needs mowing. Mom and Dad are returning to do just that next weekend. Well... they will if Dad comes home by then, which he should. He's in Washington State again. Left today.

Sadly, I didn't see the cattle and "Hugs" the donkey at all this trip. This was the first time I never saw them. I don't know if they were grazing in another field just then, or if they were sold.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Lovin' the heart shaped cactus that Mom found.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

That bull nettle is one frightening looking thing! It reminds me of a thistle.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Video:

Photobucket-Photobucket-Photobucket-





Photobucket-Photobucket



Photobucket

Cattle in the Bluebonnets

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Video:



Photobucket-Photobucket



Photobucket-Photobucket

Photobucket-Photobucket



I'm in love with the view in that last video. It's in Gay Hill, and you can see all the way to Lake Somerville from there.

I'm pretty sure this area is still a part of the "La Bahia Trail." A lot of famous figures traveled through here. Lots of Texas History.

I wish I had made a longer video, but this was along the highway and it wasn't safe for Dad sitting in the car across the road.

Photobucket

Antique Rose Emporium

These are the only pics I tried editing. The originals were really dark since the sun was so bright and I couldn't take a picture from a different angle. They had everything blocked off, because a wedding or something was going on. Half of the Emporium no one was allowed to even visit. That was a bit disappointing, but it was far too crowded and hot to stay there for long anyway.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket



Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Beautifu pics Kristen. The antique rose emporium sounds so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kristen,
    I wish it were the early part of the day so I could review each video and picture. I will have to come back later to really enjoy every picture. They all look so wonderful. Great job..
    Happy Easter..
    ~Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.