Easy Peasy / Love It / Wordless
Current Mood:
Write a post about these four topics:
e. enthusiastic
a. awesome
s. simple
y. yes
Hosted by merrydotdandy and simplesequins
Someday building a house on our 2 acres... hopefully.
Also restoring our sad-looking, yet very much adored barn/shed.
~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥ ~♥~♥~♥~♥~
The security guard who makes Disney dreams come true!
Excerpt from article -
The photo from September 2008 shows Alli Bunchuk, then just 5 and outfitted in the light-blue, puffy-sleeved gown of her favorite princess, signing Wieczorek’s book. For the Bunchuk family, who are planning their eighth trip to the park in September, it was a standout moment.
“We started to walk in the park when the security guard stopped her and said, ‘Excuse me, Princess, can I have your autograph?’” recalls her grandmother, Barbara Bunchuk. “She couldn’t believe it. Throughout the day, she kept saying, ‘I can’t believe he thought I was a real princess.’”
“She kind of floated around all day,” said Bunchuk, 65, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
It’s not just the little Snow Whites and Ariels who enjoy the moment. Parents and grandparents are often excited and encourage their kids to sign the book, Wieczorek said. When youngsters are too shy, “the parents take it harder than I do,” he said.
Still, the interactions mean a lot to Wieczorek. “It makes my magic, too,” he said. “The magic is not limited to the guests.”
A Disney spokeswoman says employees are encouraged to engage with park visitors, including by asking for autographs. In fact, Wieczorek got the autograph idea from a training class.
Wieczorek, who has seven grandchildren, started by asking his granddaughter to sign his book and he kept on going. “After seeing the feedback from the parents I continued it, and I’m on my eighth book,” he said.
Wieczorek says his job as a bag checker suits him because he gets to interact with people. “I wanted to have every guest that goes through my line leaving with a smile and so far, I managed that,” he said.
If it’s raining, he welcomes grumpy grownups to the “Magic Kingdom Water Park.” He puts children at ease when searching their bags by telling them he’s looking for red apples because Snow White is afraid of them. And he’s learning to say “Have a Magical Day” in 15 languages.
“I’m up to nine so far and it really makes the guests feel special,” he said.
And for making so many children joyful when they’re already at the happiest place on Earth, his fans are grateful for making their day extraordinary.
Read the full story HERE
~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥ ~♥~♥~♥~♥~
The cattle and Texas Longhorn I filmed in the bluebonnets last spring.
They seemed to be taking it easy that weekend.
~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥ ~♥~♥~♥~♥~
YES - The girl's answer to being given the left over roast beef this afternoon.
VIDEO
- I LOVE that I live in world that has cappuccino's and iced mocha's, but I hate that it's so addictive.
- I LOVE that I at least have an exercise bike, but I hate that I hate it so much.
- I LOVE that Wendy Kitty is still with us, but I hate that I know she won't be with us for much longer. Even though she doesn't act sick, I can still see her rapidly declining and showing her age.
- I LOVE that Abby will now come downstairs by herself, but I hate that she still feels she has to have an escort to go down those stairs.
Or perhaps she desires an escort because we treat her like a princess?
Hosted by Noel's Beautiful Life
Linking to:
wordlesswednesdayagain and judyh-jsthoughts / clairejustine
(I miss our old garden, and this photo was the garden in it's infancy)
Hi Kristin!
ReplyDeleteI loved the story about the little girl! How sweet!
Nice post!
Woowhoo..Thank you, too, to coming over to our new blog hop. You're added along with Evi and Eileen today. I think that big horn cattle pic and the little fawn are super. Nice post.
ReplyDeletefor not to PS I just became a follower! yeah.
ReplyDeletelove it love it love it - how cute!!!
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU FOR YOUR AWESOME POST!
Hi There Kristen- I really love the pic of your pups all waiting for that yummy roast beef. SO super cute. And that story about the cute little girl Ali is just precious. Oh and Kristen you live in a beautiful place. Wow so much greenery!
ReplyDeleteOh and I almost forgot , how lucky are YOU that Bambi came over to say hello!! SO beautiful ;)
ReplyDeleteLovely post - great story about the Princess...and love the dogs waiting for their treat! Thanks for linking up to WW!
ReplyDelete