


Via
I found this really awesome blog hop today! I never did officially join it, but answering the questions was a fun distraction from devouring the rest of my little pint of Starbucks ice cream.
Outside my window... it's a dangerous place because of all those mosquitoes. (Currently, West Nile Virus is the worst here in Texas. It's pretty scary).
I am thinking... I'm craving an iced mocha.
I am thankful... I have iced mocha in the fridge, but not too much which means I'll have to drink less than I really desire to.
In the kitchen... my little 5 pound pommie is always tattling on the cat.
I am wearing... cozy pajamas which are starting to get covered in cat fur because Wendy Kitty thinks my lap is her royal pillow to lie on.
I am creating... another post of babbling, and I'm certain something about Disney will crop up at some point. It's how I'm wired.

I am going... to be very depressed once the new school year starts. I'm going to have to add elementary and... oh, the horror!... middle school to my accepted job assignments. I far prefer junior high. It's a weird age, but I love that I don't have to treat them like babies and walk them to all their classes and pay extra attention to the hands of the clock.
I am wondering... why the E! channel is so obsessed with those boring Kardashians. They need to rename the E! channel, K! There is nothing "entertaining" about that family or channel.
I am reading... nothing at the moment, which is pathetic considering how ginormous by TBR pile is.
I am hoping... to win the Texas lottery before I'm planted in the ground.
I am looking forward to... another trip to Disney World, whenever that will be.

I am learning... that there are a lot of mysteries out there but I kind of like it like that.
Around the house... I need to vacuum and sweep for the umpteenth time. The kitty litter trail and doggy fur multiplies by the hour.
I am pondering... why Abby's favorite dog toy is that silly little bird seed bucket. Every single night, she asks me to get it out so that she can flay fetch with it.

A favorite quote for today...

One of my favorite things... is peace and quiet. Loud noises drive me up the wall. Words cannot describe how easily I'm affected by it sometimes.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Using A LOT of mosquito spray when I have to go outside in this wretched heat and humidity filled with scary mosquitoes.
A peek into my day...

Watching Izzy with her daily routine of keeping guard over the house. She likes to eagle eye the front door from the gallery area above the stairs.


- I'm thankful that after seeing over half of my pictures on ALL my blogs disappear day after day, I've finally taken the time to re-upload them. My fingers are crossed that it was worth it.
- I'm thankful that I did my daily exercise bike time for the day.
- I'm thankful that a cousin of mine just got custody of his son.
- I'm thankful that even though we don't get to celebrate seasons around here and that ice in the winter only exists in the freezer, it doesn't change the fact that summer is halfway over.
- I'm thankful for watching a sweet movie classic on YouTube last night. It was the original movie which "I'd Rather Be Rich" was a remake of. I enjoyed IRBR more, but I loved the father in this movie. They don't make movies like they used to, so thank goodness for YouTube!
- I'm thankful that my dream last night was just that.
- I'm thankful that my brother and ex-SIL did the selfless thing and gave us Abby to look after. I know that was really, really hard for them to do.



Okay, so it's not exactly a LOL video but it is cute. It's Abby when she was younger. Even back then, she was a Disney Dog!

So many things on your list we share in common. Are you a Taurus, perchance? I am. The loud noise thing. Oh my. Or repetitive machine noises. That is like torture to me. Almost as bad as being forced to watch said "K" family on E!.
ReplyDeleteYour little dog is adorable; Wendy-kitty sounds precious too.
Hi Kristin,
ReplyDeleteI hope that you are well.
I am sorry that I haven't visited you this week
but I haven't been blogging or commenting on my favourite blogs
as I have been so busy at home and with family
and so now I am trying to catch my breath...
Hopefully I will catch up soon!
Hope that you are well and enjoying your weekend.
It is piddling rain here in Ireland
I'm hoping that you enjoyng sunshine
if so,
can you send some of it here?!
Have a lovely weekend.
Fiona x
Glad to see ya back! I'll try to send some sunny days Ireland way. While we have had a few rain showers lately, those only last a few minutes and usually the weather teases us with a little thunder followed by Zippo rain... so we definitely have sunshine to spare.
DeleteKristin