Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Doggy Ice Cream and Audrey Hepburn


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

Ahh, that's a sweet quote.

Confession:
For me, this quote doesn't just apply to people and pets. It also applies to arriving and leaving Walt Disney World.
And EVERY hardcore Disney fan on the planet knows what I'm talking about! Photobucket
The day you leave The Happiest Place on Earth is a depressing day... which is why bringing souvenirs home are so important, am I right?

Yes, I know. I HAVE to mention Disney at least once or twice a week else I'll spontaneously combust. Photobucket It's who I am and I'm running on the last of my Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah fumes from my last WDW trip back in October... 2009 was it?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Made a new necklace over the weekend. It really could have been made a lot prettier, but I'm in desperate need of just some simple necklaces that will match more of my work clothes. And while this isn't my best necklace, it does look better than the photo. Sorry it's so dark.

Also, these cameo charms are the one's I took off of the larger charms a while back. I have so many of them and it'd be a shame to waste them all. I might add a little draping chain to the center of it sometime. I haven't really decided yet. I do think I'll make another one with the blue beads though (pictured below). I might as well since I have enough of those beads and so many of that one little charm.

Photobucket

More photos are on my Crafty Emporium blog listed in the sidebar. One of these days I'm really going to try to take better photos of my necklaces. I'm really having a lot of trouble taking a good picture with this camera. It's rather frustrating.

-

Photobucket

 photo 8-28-12_zpsa13c7ef2.jpg

A couple months ago I told my niece that one movie she simply has to see is "Love in The Afternoon" with Audrey Hepburn. I almost texted her about it again last night, and lo and behold a few minutes ago my mother tells me that it's coming on tv right now.

See? I told ya I wasn't just weather and Disney World psychic. I'm also MOVIE psychic. Photobucket I wouldn't be at all surprised if my other movie classic recommendation I had for my niece - "Lilies of the Field" with Sidney Poiter - comes on tv soon as well.

I hope my sister got our message and DVR's it. I LOVE this movie. The only scenes I can't watch is whenever that mean old biddy slaps her dog. That's always bothered me.





WARNING:
I beg you to please NOT watch the second clip if you've never seen the movie before.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Abby's birthday is coming up, so Mom made all the girls some homemade vanilla ice cream. We gotta celebrate somehow, ya know!

The girls loooove it. I even have proof, in the photo below, of just how fond Abby is of ice cream. The evidence is marking her mouth and brow, literally.

Photobucket



And here's the only photo I managed to take of Izzy the other day.

Photobucket

It's too hot to stay outside, so I didn't get to take more than 1 photo.. hence Izzy not even looking at the camera. I don't like being outside, because of the mosquitoes (West Nile this year) and humidity.

And two more:



This is how Abby goes back upstairs. She's always been afraid of certain tile areas, so she still makes a run for it whenever she crosses "the red carpet" as I call it.

Photobucket

And of course Maddie with her sweet, ever-present smile.

Linking to CAMERA CRITTERS!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Halloween will be here before we know it! After the new Grandin Road magazine came in the mail, we looked at their website for all their Halloween goodies. We ordered the Haunted Urn.

I just realized that the way the mouth moves isn't great, but this wasn't expensive and should look great from a distance anyway.







The dueling banjos we would have loved to have if we had a house out in the country. It's so cute! Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.