Monday, August 6, 2012

The Ugly Bug Ball, Hobbits, & The Doctor is Real in


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

Did ya recognize the first part of that title there? If not, I'll give you 2 little hints: Walt Disney and Burl Ives. Or, I suppose I could just share with you the answer now in order to make that little crease disappear from your brow.



It's a tune from one of my favorite Disney Classics, Summer Magic. But enough about Disney, although come to think about it I probably should watch an old Disney flick tonight. Pollyanna with her Glad Game sounds like the perfect remedy.

It's too late to go downstairs and make a hot cup of tea to calm my nerves - (as Madame Bunny is doing in the picture above) - so Disney might be a welcomed distraction.
Distraction from what? How about from... prepare yourselves now.... roaches?! Photobucket

Are you squirming in your chair now, too, or are you one of those lucky folks that just stomp on them and then go on with your day, chewing your bubble gum as if nothing terrifying just happened?

Well, color me terrified to the nth degree! And even though I've been known to rescue spiders and silverfish in this house, my good deed there hasn't been returned. I'm the only person in this family absolutely petrified of the-bug-which-shall-not-be-mentioned-by-name-again-because-the-name-itself-is-terrifying-enough. Only I'm scared of them, and yet only I have been stumbling across them this week.

Everyday tasks now take forever and I'm so paranoid. Photobucket

It's like I'm in warrior mode all the time because I'm cautious and mindful of every little thing: I can't open a door without first inspecting the room from a distance... I thoroughly inspect my clothes before getting dressed... I won't allow my bedcovers to touch the floor... going to the flippin' bathroom (because that's where I saw 2 of them) makes the Psycho film feel like child's play... I have three shoes upstairs and one downstairs, ready for the killing... I inspect the dog's fur when they come in from outside (because a few weeks ago one of the dogs brought one in with them, which I literally stepped on with my bare foot! It was so creepy and scary that temporary sedation was greatly desired)... it's nearly impossible to go to sleep at night, and I have to keep a light on... before and after emptying the litter box, having to open the garage door is tantamount to torture (because last week I saw one in there)... when I see Wendy Kitty intensely staring at something, I'm 99% positive it's going to be a you-know-what... I made sure the yard and house were thoroughly sprayed (for the 3rd time) along with the garage... I'm obsessed with keeping the drains in my bathroom covered.

I have officially lost it. Photobucket I know I sound stupid and like my brain is comprised of a sackful of ferrets, but honestly.... I would rather face a ghost or Bozo the Clown than to see one more of those 'Ugly Bugs.' I wish that all of this was like last season's Doctor Who episodes with The Silence. The you-know-what's would be no different than those aliens. The very first second that I looked away from them, I would blessedly forget their existence.

 photo forgot_zps415c218c.jpg

This would be so much easier if I had just seen a harmless garden snake or mouse. At least snakes don't come into the house, and we see mice often enough in cute little children's illustrations. But let's face it. Beatrix Potter never put you-know-what's in her books and we all know why.

Photobucket

You can't draw a picture of one of 'them' (cringe), dressing it up in a gingham print dress and flowery hat with schoolbooks and lunch pail in hand. Oh God, I just had a visual of that and it was even more terrifying than the reality.

Sorry for rambling on so. I really am leaving out more proof of just how pathetic I've been about all this. I might need to be hypnotized or something. No joke, I hear they can do that. Hypnotize the fear right out of you. Photobucket

And I trust I'm not alone as there are endless phobias out there, just as Lucy Van Pelt informed us during our childhood years. Along with ailurophasia and climacaphobia, here are a few of the stranger phobias that I've found:

 photo lucy_zps899bb4e5.jpg

Coulrophobia - Fear of Clowns

Ephebiphobia - Fear of Teenagers (Understandable)

Arachibutyrophobia - Fear of Peanut Butter sticking to the roof of your mouth

Peladophobia - Fear of Bald People

Aulophobia - Fear of Flutes (This means no Fantasia I guess)

Consecotaleophobia - Fear of Chop Sticks (Well Hell yeah. Those things can put your eye out)

Cyberphobia - Fear of computers (This was a Northern Exposure episode)



Euphobia - Fear of good news (Sorry, what?)

Octophobia - Fear of the figure 8

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - Fear of the number "666"

I know it's easy to point and laugh at these examples... which I did... but then I made myself stop because I think I have a strange phobia myself. Fear of spiders and all sorts of insects are normal, since they're so widely shared, but I think my strangest phobia is of..... hummingbird moths.

I was outside one day, and suddenly this big black thing was hovering right in front of my face. I had no idea what it was, so it was like staring down an alien or something. (Might as well have been a flippin' demon since this thing was pitch black).

So, what's YOUR strangest fear?

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm afraid little Abigail was a bit neglected over the weekend because I started making more necklaces. (But don't hate me too much, because I did take time out to cuddle with her a few times. I'm afraid Abby isn't one for entertaining herself, and she does love to have her tummy scratched, her throat kissed - she literally raises her chin which is so adorable - and to be told how cute and sweet she is).

To view my latest necklaces click HERE on my "Crafty Emporium" blog.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wanna know what temporarily distracted me a little from my ugly bug phobia (that's clearly getting out of hand), and which got me through Saturday night? First, it was seeing the new Doctor Who trailer.



The new season begins this fall!

~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

 photo thehobbit_zps716af02d.jpg

And then it got even better because I remembered how they were doing all these behind the scenes documentaries for The Hobbit movie last year. I had only seen the first 3 vlogs back then, so I decided to watch them all. My favorite was when they showed Hobbiton.


(You can see Hobbiton beginning at around the 6 minute mark)

Isn't that the most gorgeous place in the entire world? It looks like such an idyllic existence. I want to live there! My mother has always wanted a Hobbit House, and so do I.

After watching all the vlogs... which I will admit did make me tear up because I realized how much I missed Middle Earth... I discovered that the official trailer is out!!!!!!



Good Lord, did I tear up after watching it. I'm just so excited!!!!!!! My mother is, too. We haven't decided whether we're going to the midnight premiere or not. I think we will try to see it in 3D first though. We'll see it a lot, so that doesn't really matter I guess. I'm sure we'll see both the 3D and regular versions.

Photobucket

Photobucket

What you're about to see is akin to a miracle because I actually caught Wendy Kitty playing! I had set out some little jars I've been saving to store some jewelry beads in. When she discovered them, she just started clanking them together. So curious. The video would have been cuter and longer, but the camera batteries died again. That seems to be their destiny.



And here are a few vids of Izzy and Abby, sans Maddie. The first video was cut short because it started lightning. The other videos are of Abby and Izzy chasing each other and playing.

-



Photobucket

And this is funny, I think. The above photo is proof positive that Abby doesn't eat her vegetables. She just spats them on the ground. What a mess. Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. HI, Kristin
    It's been a while since I've been here to visit your blog. The videos of your dogs and cat are hysterical! I guess you know that Peter Jackson has decided to make not just make two movies for The Hobbit, a total of THREE movies!!! So we will have December 2012,December 2013, and (I think?) December 2014 to relish our beloved Hobbits at the movie theater!
    Hope you are doing well
    Smiles ;)
    Teresa in California
    http://amagcialwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm so excited, too! The more movies, the merrier. I'm so thrilled to be seeing Gandalf return.

      I think it's funny how they bumped up the premiere date. I swear they did that due to all the 2012 hype. Bumping it up is GREAT marketing for them. Very clever.

      Kristin

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.