

Hmmm, are you sure about that little pearl of wisdom because at the moment the STARBUCKS over at Market Street in The Woodlands feels like my Happy Place.


(Via)
I have less jewelry beads and more charms now, and last week I decided to do something special with some of them.
I recently bought several of the same charm which was on clearance for $1.99 at Michaels. It had a little circle shaped cameo of a lady that dangled in the center, so what I did was take her off and replace her with better charms. Otherwise, it was a pretty boring yawnfest of a charm. Thank goodness for a little tweaking!
I'm going to attempt to replace the little crystals on them as well.

This one was a fortunate mistake I think. I accidentally broke off the little loopy hole that holds the smaller charm, so I rescued it by gluing the bird on it. I think the bird is a 'Vintaj' piece. I love their stuff, but they never go on sale for anything over 25% off. The lady at Hobby Lobby even told us that.

The crown charm looks a little cheap to me (up close it looks like plastic) so I think I'll replace it with the owl.



If I can find one more of the same clearance item, I think I'm going to use the little dove charm too... but only after rubbing alcohol ink on it to give it some color.
-
-
(Click on Thumbnails)
I can't wait to see what everyone else has done. I know my 'tweaking' will be very small in comparison to what others are doing, but it was fun and easy. Well, apart from getting super glue on my fingers a couple times.
Even a little 'tweaking' can be hazardous if Super Glue + Me is involved. Thank goodness for that professional strength Goo-Gone!



I might have shared this photo before, but it's worth recycling I think. It's one of my favorite photos of him.
Marry me?



How pretty are those charms. I didn't even know you could tweak them. Well, I learned something new today.
ReplyDeleteThis is the first time visiting your blog and I've enjoyed looking around. Do you sell jewelry? Saw you visit web site but it did not go anywhere. Warm hugs, Esther
ReplyDeleteHello! A while back I sold a lot of necklace/earring sets... (to my aunt's husband's congregation)... but that was it. I'm thinking of selling more sometime, but haven't yet decided. The supplies are so expensive. I do enjoy making them though! It's a lot of fun.
DeleteKristin
i really like that first with the flying bird. very pretty.
ReplyDeleteYouve given me some good ideas. Will think out of the box when seeing trickets/jewellery at markets here in Cape Town
DeleteI love charms! And I love what you're doing with them.
ReplyDeleteBrenda