Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Birthday Gal + One Crazy &%$# Driver!


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket
- Mom was not happy at all about this birthday, but this morning something happened to put her in a happier mood. The phone rang, and it was my sister. Still groggy, Mom reaches for her glasses on the nightstand. After putting them on, they didn't feel right.

Turns out the woman had accidentally put on the SCHNAUZ GLASSES Dad brought home for her yesterday as a joke. Photobucket She then stood in front of the mirror to take a picture to send to family.

- So we decided to go to Hobby Lobby today (our favorite place next to Disney World), and before we were even out of the neighborhood the warning light for both rear tires starts up. We stop at the gas station to take care of it, and then go on our merry way.

Just a couple minutes later we see a car slam into another one HARD and FAST, and this is RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. If we were just a couple feet ahead, we would have been IN THE VERY CENTER.

And this car was hit bad, and on the driver's side. Metal flew everywhere from the rear bumper of the car that was hit by the hummer racing like a bat out of Hell. They made the other car spin. At first I thought he ran a red light, but what I think happened was he got distracted (probably texting or on the cell phone) and didn't realize that wasn't a protected turn.

It really shook Mom up, and right then was when I realized just why it was that I woke up this morning with a nervous stomach. It all made sense once I saw that wreck. We were so close to it. I mean we were literally seconds away from being creamed. I don't say this lightly at all. When I say seconds, I really mean seconds.

And it's not like the ordeal with the tires saved us or anything. We never would have seen the wreck in the first place if not for those warning lights. Thanks to that short pit stop for the tires, we were almost hit.

- Okay, I just found out that my brother was almost in a wreck today, too. Someone was running a red light or something, and my brother saw it. He knew if he didn't switch lanes, he'd have hit the lady in front of him. Thank God he had time to move over in time, sparing everyone.

Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Gosh! Thank God you checked your tires. We have had similar circumstances happen to us before going on trips, etc. And my son had to speed up to avoid getting hit by a driver he knew was going to run the red light. Kind of uncanny how that happens.
    Oh, and I LUVVVED all of the comments you made on my blog. I was giggling quite a bit. There is a lady who made a complete miniature scale model of a hobbit house, it is amazing. I guess you could do a Goggle search and find it.
    Yes, the road with the trees reminded me of when the Dark Riders were after the hobbits...quite chilling.
    Have a lovely rest of the week!
    You have inspired me no end, and I sent my sister in Massachusetts your blogs' information and also my brother Troy. I know he will enjoy your wit and wisdom.
    =^..^=
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.