Sunday, October 9, 2011

Singing in the RAIN!!!!!!

Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

Unlike the cute party poopers in the painting above, I am singing and dancing in this RAIN we're experiencing right now... have been experiencing ALL DAY LONG!

And no, I haven't entered a parallel universe either. If I had, this handsome Scot....

Photobucket

.... would be my husband and we'd be honeymooning at either Disney World or Scotland right now. Take your pick.

I wish I had filmed all the birdies out in this. They seem so HAPPY! They've been flying around and perched on the fences. All day they've been singing their little hearts out. We needed this rain desperately... still needs DAYS and DAYS of it to be honest... but while it's here I'm going to enjoy it. I even stood outside in it for a while this afternoon. I just couldn't resist!

My brother said they got one monster of a storm yesterday. When I was on the phone with him yesterday afternoon, while he pulled into a parking lot he was shocked when he told me it had just started raining. That same night was when the big storms rolled in. He told our mother that on the way home it was like people had forgotten how to drive in the rain. Lol! (But really, I shouldn't laugh as he said he was almost hit twice).

But get this--- while home last night he saw A BAT clinging to his upper story window! (Austin does have a lot of bats, but he's never seen one there in person). The winds were really strong, so I guess it was taking refuge for a while.

Photobucket
(Click on Thumbnail)

Little Izzy (our pommy) doesn't care for going out in the rain. She doesn't like it when her tummy and feet get wet. Now, Maddie Kate on the hand.... she loves it!

Anyway, it's been a great day. We haven't had any big thunderstorms - just steady rain - but I'm still over the moon. My bedroom was actually dark all during the day, so I read in there for about an hour. (After reading last night until 5 AM!)

I have a good book to finish tonight, and it's raining outside. That's TWO miracles if I'm being perfectly honest. Not all Sundays are evil.

Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Gerard cannot be your husband since he is all MINE!!!! ha, ha.

    That said, a good book and thunderstorm are pretty nice too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.