Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Halloween Decor + Wildfires


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

- We replaced the tree in our Halloween scene. It looks so much better now. I really like it. Make sure to click on the picture to enlarge it.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

- Today Mom bought the bubble fog machine online. She got a really good deal.



- She bought a couple of other nice stuff in a few stores. I'll post pictures and video of it all once Halloween rolls around.

- I LOVE these brooms! My only complaint would be the noise they make. I hate Halloween decorations that are noisy. Just the same, I would still love to have these.



- I forgot to mention the other day that my nephew was in the newspaper as one of the "Stars of the Week!" (For Marching Band).

Photobucket

I've been told that my cousins are up in Bastrop, restoring the power lines. They posted some really scary pictures of the wildfires up there, still going on (I think). I really feel for these people, and any wildlife around there. I'm not positive that these are from this week, but I saw that there still are some smaller fires up there. I had hoped they were over by now.

I THINK these pics were taken a week or more ago.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
(Click on Thumbnails)

Okay, I just looked it up. On the map, they only show one fire now which is in Austin. A few days ago there were several fires on the map - 103 fires in the last seven days - but at least the map only shows one fire now. Rain would be nice, but at least the triple digit temps seem to be over.

Update:
Nope, nevermind. One of my cousins just posted on FB that as of 30 minutes ago another fire has started. Already, it's burned up to 100 acres. Will those poor people ever get a break?

Photobucket
(Click on Thumbnail)

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Love, Love all the Halloween decorations! I spent today putting up our Halloween stuff. Still need to get Halloween candy! The fires are horrid... sure wish they would get some rainy weather. Your blog is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Halloween scene looks great...a wonderful time of year. But the fires, those are scary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.