

Here are more photos of some of our Christmas decorations. (Some of the glitter houses and boxes are gifts for other people). Be sure to click on the thumbnails.




I need to re-take a picture of Mom’s 1st glitter house pictured above. (She took off the sleigh, and added a Santa to it, but we still need to dye the trees. As you can see in the pic, the glitter wouldn‘t stick and we need to use a stronger pink dye. I think we‘re going to try glimmer mist this time).

Hi, Kristin
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by my blog to see the French village of Jugon. I think there are a lot of places in France and in England that are nostalgic like that. You can only find old buildings in certain areas of the states, like Boston. I visited my sister who lives in Massachusetts a couple of times and Boston has that old world charm, considering the Boston Tea Party was there. We ate dim sum at an Asian restaurant and also went to the 'Little Italy' sector to Mike's Pastries (to die for carrot cake, chocolate cake, 'lobster' pastry filled with cream, canoli's (sp?) wonderful pastries! Anyway, only two blocks away was Paul Revere's house and the Boston Common was a bit farther, but amazing. I couldn't get over the fact that there was a three level underground parking system underneath the Common. You would never know it by looking at the grassy grounds and ponds with swans swimming and paddle boats. But I loved the old book shops we went into in Boston, which we made it into one of them and only had five minutes to spare before they closed! Probably better that way as I would have been tempted to spend lots of money on vintage books~
We have nothing like that in California, except maybe the Gold Country area on Hwy. 49.
Funny, I didn't like my Spanish teacher as he was a BIG flirt, so I didn't take Spanish II the next year in high school. He sat me right in front of his big school desk and would say things like 'Teresa go with me down to Mexico? Eh?' And I would shake my head and say 'NO'.
That was 'almost' teacher/student intimidation.
This day and age, I may have turned him 'in'.
Oh, well...glad you didn't have to sub, but like you said you were 'brave' and would have done it anyway.
I love your mother's glitter snow houses. Someone I know uses platinum glitter, whatever that is. I guess Martha Stewart has her glitter line of products at Michael's too. I was just there and bought a magazine called 'Just Steampunk'...some very interesting jewelry, dolls, and 'everything else' section. And I found a dress pattern similar to the one that Emmit's (Christopher Lloyd) girlfriend wore in one of the 'Back to the Future' movies which took place in the wild west. They call it a steampunk style as it was during that steam engine train era. Fun stuff!
Have a lovely day~
Teresa