

Here are just a few photos and video that I took last night. (True to form, the battery kept dying so the videos were rushed).
Last night was very chaotic for me. My little pomeranian, Izzy, was freaked out even hours before dark. Mom and myself spending so much time outside, setting everything up, proved too much excitement for her.
Then, when people started arriving, the chaos reached DEFCON Level 5. With the way Izzy was carrying on, you'd think trick-or-treaters were the Anti-Christ or the flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz. The only time she was calm was when Mom was holding her outside, but once she saw a kid walking up the driveway dressed as a vampire or witch, she would automatically switch back into Scrappy Doo mode.
She was all--- "Let me at 'em! Let me at 'em!"

This was the first year that I didn't see ONE trick-or-treater up close, all because I was held hostage by a little 5 pound dog of fluff and sass. I love her to pieces, but she really stressed me out last night.
And herself obviously, because by the end of the evening she was so exhausted. Corralling your humans and defending your home from witches, vampires, princesses, and babies dressed like ladybugs is tremendously hard work, ya know.




(Click on Thumbnails)
Hi, Kristin
ReplyDeleteMy computer has been so slow of late, it is ready for the cript! Your house looked fabulously spooky...was that a 'smoking' cauldron? Sorry your darling dog went 'ga-ga' over the ghoulish goblins.
I was just viewing about eight episodes of 'The Children of Green Knowe' which I know I spelled incorrectly on my last post. It is about ghost children in England, whom a real boy finds in a castle he is living in. It takes a few episodes for the children to make themselves 'known' to Tolly. Kind of the style of the vintage Narnia tales. Not a lot of special effects just, plain, good story telling. I think my computer might be 'dying'. It keeps shutting down on me. Not fun. I am reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy again. It has been years since I have read them. The movies left out a lot of details. I'm sure they had to cut corners somewhere and keep the main story line. Just like the Harry Potter books too.
Have you read any Terry Prachett books? 'Hogfather' perhaps? It was made into a movie. I would say it was on the order of 'Nightmare Before Christmas'. A twisted fairy tale with a lot of British tongue-in-cheek humor.
Hope you survived Halloween.
Take care,
Teresa