

- Fall, Where Art Thou?
WHY can't we experience fall like everyone else? I can't even begin to imagine how nice it is to have chilly days... cold nights... mornings with frost on all the grass and foliage... to be surrounded by the beauty of autumn's colors on all the trees.
I saw so many blogs today with the most beautiful photographs of all the fall colors. I'm so envious of them all.
- Today we were supposed to have 60% chance of rain, some storms being severe, so I didn't even bother looking for an assignment last night.
Fast forward to today and all we've received so far are little piddly showers off and on with the occasional burst of thunder. (Which freaks Maddie out b/c it's been so long since we've heard thunder around here).
Still, it is nice when it's cloudy and rains at all. Lord knows we still need it. (Of course, it's humid as hell so that's no fun
).- My niece and nephew's band made it to the STATE finals. The last competition is today in San Antonio. We got to see them performing LIVE online this morning, at 9:30.
My mother saw both Luke and Autumn during their performance. She said they were right next to each other! (Sadly, I missed it. I wasn't close enough to the computer screen and the camera froze on them for just one second). We also saw Luke's girlfriend, Stephanie, many times. She's one of the flag guards/dancers.
UPDATE:

The judges gave their band all 1's!!!!!!!!!!! Every single category was a 1! I think their final performance is at 7:30 tonight. I'll be watching it again, LIVE!
Now, remember... this is STATE we're talking about. They're competing against the other top bands in the state of Texas. Tonight is the end of all their competitions for this year.
Something I know they're all glad about, as balancing marching band and school is really tough. I don't know how they do it. (By the way, the kids' band does COLLEGE LEVEL marching and music. Definitely not the norm for high school).
I'm so happy for them that they made it to state finals. (Since they made it to the finals, this means they're in the top ten for the state of Texas right now). They've worked hard for it, and I know their directors really push these kids. My nephew told me once that this is what they always hear - after scoring first place or the top 3 in a competition - from their band director. Something like....:
"You did great! First place, congratulations. But now let's look at what it is you did wrong." Lol!
------------
UPDATE #2:
OMG, I just saw them. (Had to continuously move the mouse cursor over the video to see a choppy live feed. Lol! I guess a lot of people are viewing it tonight).
They were so fantastic!!!!!!!!

The final results should be in around 10 pm I guess. They were the 3rd band to play tonight, and they just now finished.

I really love these!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:
- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.