Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Do I dare? - Resolutions


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

I know I'm over a week late with all this, but I think I'm going to make some New Year Resolutions after all. I'm really good at keeping them, so this time I'm going to be extra careful and do fairly easy one's.

Here I go...

1). Declutter and organize the guestroom closet.
(Which is filled with boxes of my old stuff).

2). Just for my own sake, rewrite the 1st chapter of my last book. (This one cuts deep, because there's a lot of pain involved. I was fairly proud of this story, but nothing came of it. In other words, I failed. I haven't written anything since).

3). Be brave (code word for stupid) and submit my children's story to magazines. (I expect this to fail, too, but the point is at least I tried with another story.... again).

4). Type up those notes I've written for a new story, even though I'm pretty positive I'll never write another word again.

5). Learn how to quiet my mind/meditate.

6). Watch more comedy.

7). Accept that some people just aren't who they used to be, and will likely forever be blind as to how their behavior affects others. Just let it slide. It's healthier this way.

8). Be more open, spiritually. (This is going to be a tough one actually, as over the past year or two I've become quite the doubting Thomas. I don't really believe in much anymore, and I don't like feeling this way).

9). Continue to do at least 30 minutes on the exercise bike everyday, and don't obsess over missing a day or two a week. (Again, this really will be a tough one for me even though I hate that stupid bike and don't think it achieves positive results).

10). Learn to relax by letting the little things go. Stop worrying over trivial things.

11). Control that OCD, which I've noticed has been creeping up on me these past few months. (Usually I'm fantastic at keeping it at bay and refuse to let it become as prevalent as it is in my Dad's life. Already, I've succeeded with this resolution so that's good).

12). Try to find a way to make decent money ONLINE. (I admit it. I'm not like everybody else: I am not a people person... I don't want to have to drive to work... I like being at home with my pets... 9 times out of 10 I have zero desire to leave the house... I don't want to spend the rest of my life in retail, caring for other people's kids or even working at a school. I'd rather be dead than spend 99.99% of my life at a job I hate, surrounded by people I really don't like.

I just want to feel happy and secure and - for the first time in my life - not completely lost. Out of all these resolutions, THIS ONE is going to be the toughest. It might even be impossible. All I know is I'll never marry and don't want to, and that this HAS to work. One thing I do have going for me is that I don't have a family to support; only myself).


I've thought of a few more to add, but for now I'm going to tuck them under the rug here, where all the dust bunnies hang out. Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Even though I'm not a big Nora Roberts fan, I've been searching for one of her books for a while now; "Spellbound." But then tonight, while perusing one of my boxes filled with books to be read I stumbled upon this anthology.

Photobucket

I was so surprised when there, on the back cover, I read that the Nora Roberts story in the book was "Spellbound." I had the darn book all along!

I hope it'll be a good read because lately the books I've been reading have been yawn fests for the most part.

Ooh! I have another Happy Thought. It's the fact that yesterday Mom and I got all the ornaments off the Christmas tree and packed away in boxes in only 3 1/2 hours.


(The video would have been longer and perhaps more entertaining if the camera hadn't shut down on me yet again)

Which is a record breaker, as we have A LOT of ornaments and taking them down is a real pain and very time consuming. It's the reason we waited so long to take the tree down actually.

Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. You've got some great goals listed. I hope to do many of the same. Just keep positive and follow your heart. And submit your work, you never know unless you try. That's what I did and I've been published several times.

    Happy 2012!

    xo, Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.