Monday, January 30, 2012

Wuh-huh?!


Current Mood: Photobucket

 photo teacookies_zpsc927c227.jpg
(Via)

(I found this gorgeous photo on Tumblr. I don't know anything about the site, but I'm assuming the photo originated there? If not, and you're aware of the original link PLEASE inform me)

That hot cup of tea (but I'll imagine it's cappuccino) looks so comforting. Take me there now, please, because my favorite tv show is driving me mad!

I finally watched last night's episode of "Once Upon A Time." My worst nightmare was realized because everyone's suspicions have been confirmed through the trailer they aired at the end.



Rumpelstiltskin is The Beast. They're only ruining my FAVORITE of all the fairytale characters.

Just how many characters has he been so far? Let's see... Rumpel, The Dark One, Mr. Gold, Cinderella's Fairy Godmother, and now The Beast.

Who will he be next, ladies and gentlemen? Aladdin's sidekick monkey & partner in crime, Abu, or The Little Mermaid? Isn't it enough that as Rumpel, he's already a main character?

I'm trying to remain open-minded. At least with Belle he doesn't yet possess that dreadful 'listen-to-me-after-I-inhale-on-this-helium-tank' voice yet. At least they didn't show that in the trailer. I definitely prefer him as the creepy Mr. Gold. As Rumpel, he's just silly and ridiculous. I'm really growing tired of him, and why does he have to have his finger in every single pie? He's become so predictable.

All the same, I really liked him in the "Desperate Souls" episode. Hopefully, I'll be surprised and will like him in "Skin Deep." Like I said, I'm trying to remain open-minded here. It is hard though, because I've always been protective of The Beast anyway. It really is my favorite, and it's the one fairytale where the hero is just as developed - if not more - than the heroine.

Last night's episode was okay, although... again, predictable. And I would think that Emma is on to Sidney's true character because of her "super power" in knowing when people are lying.

And my guess so far, about The Stranger, is that either he's a Brother's Grimm or Balthair. (Rumple's son). My last guess is that somehow he's Henry all grown up. The Grimm brother thing though... might be too easy and unimaginative.

The next episode doesn't air for another two weeks, so maybe I'll get used to the idea of the destruction of a beautiful character such as The Beast. Who knows, maybe they'll make it up to us somehow. Their meshing of different fairy tales and the characters doesn't really bother me, but it does bother me to no end that the writers just had to do the same thing with Belle's story. Right now, this just feels wrong.

A lot like how Kevin Sullivan destroyed the last Anne of Green Gables movie, what with all the "time traveling" he did with the characters. He took some major liberties there with their ages and the era. It wasn't Gilbert that went to war, but their children. The war did not take place when Anne/Gilbert weren't even married yet, and it was insanity to think they could trick the audience into thinking Anne/Gilbert were still in their 20's.

Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristin,
    I'm so glad you came by my Sweet Romantic Notions..I'm now following you as I think you have a great blog and see you have many more blogs to visit. I'm sorry you gave in and have lost all your beautiful Victoria magazines. That is sad and I agree without our lovely editor Nancy, they are just not the same. I plan to visit you here and will also add you to my side bar so others can find you too. I love the same type movies and romantic thrillers...
    Hope you visit me often as I can not write like you but I adore all things romantic..
    Enjoy the time...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.