

Saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D today!
I know I'm dating myself here, but I haven't seen it in the theater since it was released my senior year of high school! My best friend went on and on about how I needed to see it. She was obsessed with the ballroom scene especially, because of the golden chandelier. (That was back when digital started for the first time, so it was a huge deal). At the time, I thought she was off her rocker because the previews kept including the "Be our Guest" scene. I thought that a singing candlestick and dancing silverware was pretty ridiculous and reserved for Kindergartners, so I wasn't planning on seeing it.
Needless to say, my family (minus Dad) are Disney freaks, so of course we all went to the movies to see it one weekend. I was shocked at how much I loved it. I remember being really surprised that even the music didn't bore me. (Usually, I fast forward through the musical numbers in most flicks).

(Via)
Seeing the movie in 3D was worth it for the beginning alone. The outside of The Beast's castle looked AMAZING!!!!!! When it's released on dvd, I'm going to wear out those scenes. There was also one beautiful shot of inside the castle. It was the long distance shot, when The Beast is taking Belle to her room, and growling to her about staying away from the West wing. (Clearly, The Beast doesn't understand that we bookworms are curious folk. 'Forbidden' to a bookworm = Ready, Set, Go!)
If you're a fan of Beauty and the Beast (how can anyone not be a fan?) do please try to see it in 3D while it's still out. Just remember to bring your own candy and drinks. Would you know a SMALL cherry coke at our theater cost $4.00?! And when I say small, I do mean small. The tickets were insanely priced, too. For two people, it cost $18.00, and the screen it was on wasn't even the largest one there. It was one of the small one's. We went to the "cheaper" first showing, too.
Still, despite the robbery of the prices (and an unclean theater), it really was well worth it. Also, before the movie they showed a preview of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace!

I think my mother and I both just about peed in our pants. I cannot wait to see it in 3D, and I had no clue it was being released as soon as next month. The only thing that worries me is that it's advertised as being released for ONE DAY only. There's no way everyone that wants to see it will be able to if they do this. Surely it's a little sneak peek/teaser showing before the larger release. God, I sure hope so.
I want to see all the Star Wars movies in 3D on one of the larger screens. I really hope this one will be successful, because if it is Lucas says he's going to release the others in 3D as well. Personally, I would LOVE to see Attack of the Clones the most. Can you imagine how awesome the lightsaber battles would be in 3D? It'll be nice to see the planet Naboo, but come on... YODA kicking some serious Dooku @ss? Not only that, but Obi-Wan in AOTC is my favorite character. He's so sexy!
Anyway... if you're a Belle/Beast fanatic like myself, please do see it. It's great.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:
- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.