

The family spent yesterday at Animal Kingdom
, and then they went to the Magic Kingdom
to see the electric light parade. When Mom called this morning, they were at EPCOT
. She rode Test Track, and LOVED it! Which is kinda funny b/c she won't ride Soarin' again. Soarin' makes her sick, but not a ride as fast as Test Track.

While browsing Christmastime Disney pictures today, I stumbled upon all the treats they serve in the Magic Kingdom during the holidays.
I don't really have a sweet tooth, and the food at Disney isn't really that big a big deal... minus the pineapple dole whips and cheese fries... but their baked goodies really are "swell," as Mickey would say.
Mom got a birthday cake and cupcake while we were there for her birthday one October. It was so incredibly delicious.
So I was perusing Disney pics when I stumbled upon these:


(LINK)

(LINK)
And here's the mother load of all Christmas treats:
(The gingerbread house over at The Grand Floridian)
(via)


The pictures I had originally been looking for were the window displays below. If I could have any job for Disney, I think a window dresser be my #1 choice. I cannot get enough of their shop window displays. The one's below are of Mickey's Christmas Carol:




(Link)
I wish I had thought to ask for a souvenir related to Mickey's Christmas Carol. It's only my favorite holiday special of all time! (Although it bothers me just how much they edit it these days when it airs on tv).

I finally put up the Christmas village yesterday. It's a pretty overcast day, so there isn't enough light up here to take pictures of it yet.
Until then, here's a quick video of the divas playing earlier:





The dogs are adorable in the video. They are sooo cute!
ReplyDeleteThe previous owners of Laurelwood used a lot of white lights to decorate it for the Holidays. We only have the night lights that light up the huge oak trees in front and also other lights that are along the front walkways which lights up the place pretty nice at night. My own mom and dad just never did do the Christmas light thing at our house...but I do enjoy driving around the neighborhood in our area to see what decorations people have put up for the Holiday Season.
The Disney sweets look divine!