Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday, finally!


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

I am so very tired today. That darn cat kept myself and the dogs up all night, howling loud enough to wake Shakespeare from his grave... to break the sound barrier... open the portal to Harry Potter's wizarding world.

Really, it was a terrible night. I don't know if she wasn't feeling well, or if she's just confused. (She's 19 years old, and they say older cats do howl a lot). Or maybe she was just being, you know... a typical cat.

And not only was Tiger Lily keeping me up, but Wendy kept clawing at the door to come in.

Photobucket

Photobucket

These questions are all courtesy of The Little Things We Do.

~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~

1. My most favorite "little thing" is ______________.

It's a tie between a McDonald's Iced Mocha and a really loud thunderstorm. (Our storms can be awesome).

Okay, so I'm really going to break the rules here and add more little things. I just have to add when a new episode airs of Doctor Who and Once Upon a Time. (And what an AWESOME episode OUAT was last week with the sheriff! I hope they find a way to bring him back. I liked him the most, and I loved hearing his Irish lilt. He really shined in that episode).

2. I'd give anything to ______________.

In the very least have a literary agent, or just someone in the literary world, urge me to continue writing because I'm not wasting my time. (Not that I've written one word since the last book).

3. I can't believe ______________.

The family will finally be home from their week-long Disney World trip tomorrow! Myself, and I know all the furkids, have really missed Mom.

4. The one thing I'd like to achieve today is ______________.

Enjoying having the house to myself for one last day/night. (Not that I've exactly loved it 24/7. The beginning of this week was really tough).

5. The last thing I want to do today is ______________.

Step outside because it feels nothing like December out there. (Okay, so it's no longer 80 degrees like yesterday, but it's still a little humid and nearing 60).

6. If I were writing my own blank today, it would say:

If I could travel back in time, I would go see ______________.

As appealing as it would be to travel to specific eras to see what REALLY was going on, I would first opt to see my niece and nephew when they were little. When they were really young, from newborns to barely ages 3 and 5 (right before they moved), we were so incredibly close. I miss that. I mourn it to be perfectly honest, and so does my mother.

7. My favorite candle scent is ______________.

"Strawberry Shortcake" by The Original Cake Candle Company. (Pictured below). We use this candle year round, and where we buy them in Old Town Spring they sell like hotcakes. I'm really not into scents like this either, but it's so subtle that I LOVE it. It's such a calming, welcoming scent. Every time we have company, people practically coo and croon over it - as if it were a newborn babe - and then go out to buy one for themselves. It's love at first sniff.

Okay, that was corny....

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
- This is off topic, but why are only half my followers showing up? It's starting to get on my nerves b/c it's seems ridiculous that such a simple feature would be broken.

By the way, and this has been on my mind for a while.... but please don't ever feel obligated to follow my blog(s) because I followed you and you're just being polite. I know my posts can be yawn fests at times.

- Below is a quick video of the girls' obsession with exploring beneath the tablecloths... and also their obsession with bedtime. Isn't it funny how similar our pets are to children? Exploring places they think no one can see them, playing inside a cardboard box or with discarded wrapping paper, lying down beneath the Christmas tree, etc. (Sorry the vid is kinda dark).



Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. We have a whiner of a cat too. He's not 19 but around 12. He makes the most noise when it's about one to two hours before feeding time. As the days get shorter and the sun sets earlier, he thinks we're neglecting our duties of filling his bowl at the proper time. Too bad he can't read a clock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.