Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Village Photos


Current Mood: Photobucket

 photo ag_zpsd44ce1e2.jpg

Photobucket

Here are some pictures of the village. As you can see, I'm having trouble getting the snow to stick. I even sprayed a little bit of Elmer's spray glue on the cotton, hoping that would solve the problem.

That didn't work, so either I'll have to add more bases or just accept it as it is.

The latter I know I can't do, so I need to find something to elevate more of the houses up front. The trouble is there's too large a slope between the houses that are on risers, and the one's which aren't. The snow just tumbles down in those areas.

I have no idea what to use to fix this. Everything I've tried that we have around the house is either too tall or wide. I want it done perfectly before everyone else sees it.

What's cute is that the pets love exploring beneath the (apparently wrinkled) tablecloth. You would think Narnia was under there. Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Can you believe it is nearing 80 degrees today?! After that, add the sticky humidity. I can't believe that one morning last week, it was 25 degrees. (Which is not the norm around here). That cold front we had did last an entire week, so it was fun while it lasted. But come on... 80 degrees in the middle of December?!

Photobucket

UPDATE:
Here's one section of the village which I've tried to fix. I made the hill taller, and had it slope down a little more gradually.

Photobucket

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I actually wrote a review on my blog recently of a story based on a christmas village called The Christmas Village (surprise, surprise). After reading it I definitely had a new-found appreciation of christmas villages and how wonderful they are! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. I love your site!

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    http://storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com

    P.S. I also love the Phantom pictures down your side bar. Gerard Butler played him to perfection I thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are stuck with colder weather in Central Calif. until a freak weather pattern usually hits for a few days in January. We did get snow at the turn of the century, in January of 2000. It snowed here for twelve hours and our teenage children (at that time) were able to make an igloo fort, without the top, with all the snow that fell.
    Fun memories! Maybe you will still get your snow for the Holidays to match your snow village which is so gorgeous!
    Ta, ta!
    Teresa in CA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.