Sunday, February 19, 2012

Birthday Party & Jesse James


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A surprise birthday party was thrown for my grandmother yesterday. True to form, I didn't really take any pictures of the people at the party but more of one of the cats over at "Martha's Bloomers." Photobucket

The picture quality in some of the photos is pretty lousy, but apparently that's what happens with our camera.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mom made the cupcakes, and they were such a hit at that party. I kind of regret not eating one now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, this is the genuine article and not a copy. It's a Jesse James WANTED poster over at my Grandma's house. (She used to own one of Willie Nelson's cowboy hats, too. As a child, it hung on the coat rack in her living room. I remember it having feathers on it. Unfortunately, I don't think she has it anymore).

The poster, my grandmother's husband was given by a professor friend of his before he died. Apparently, this man's ancestor stole it when he was a little boy. During the Jesse James era (Late 1800's?), this kid saw a covered wagon that had a trunk in the back. Peeking out of the chest was the Jesse James poster. Over the years, it was handed down in their family until my grandmother's husband acquired it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are my niece and nephew's State Championship rings for Marching Band. Pretty awesome!

It was so incredibly wonderful seeing the kids again. I just couldn't stop hugging them.

After the party over at the restaurant, the kids went with us back to Grandma's house. I really cannot stress enough how much my mother and I have needed to see them with our own eyes again. To hug them, to hear their voices and to laugh.

Photobucket





We had a really bad storm a few hours before we left the house. This was around 4 and 5 AM, and it was drizzly all day long. While it was one loud storm, it was wonderful to hear so early in the morning. After the drought we had this past year, I love the rain. Never again will I take it for granted.

Okay, I realize this post just shouldn't have happened. Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.