

Here's a short excerpt, about Emily Bronte, from a nice site that I found. I'm not really into the Regency period, but I enjoyed reading a little bit about her. At least I'm not the only one that isn't a huge fan of the outside world!
(It's overrated if ya ask me).

~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~
When Wuthering Heights was first published, it was rejected. Not in the slang meaning, but in the truest sense of the word: Publishers didn’t understand the book, or the author. They didn’t understand the complexities and messages in the story or the true strength of character its author possessed.
Emily Bronte was not a typical Victorian woman. She was very reclusive and didn’t have much interest in the outside world. She had pastimes that weren’t proper for women during those times and her views on religion were not what you would expect from a clergyman’s daughter. And, she was in possession of a wonderful imagination that wouldn’t quit.
It is evident that the last four of the Bronte’s all had good imaginations when they were very little. Charlotte, Branwell, Emily and Anne frequently played games of imagination, usually having to do with their kingdoms. Branwell and Charlotte had the kingdom of Angria and Emily and Anne had the kingdom of Gondal. They would play at these games for hours at a time, writing poems and prose to propel their magical worlds.
LINK




Yes, they could be better because I still have a lot to learn about GIMP. I'm kind of stuck in a rut right now. If you call upon your imagination, I'm sure they'll look great!


Hello,
ReplyDeleteI visited your blog today - I saw you on 'Sweet Romantic Notions.' Your blog is so charming, and your pictures are pretty and romantic. Me and my daughters started a blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you. You have many creative ideas. I hope to hear from you, and have a lovely evening..
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley