Wednesday, March 14, 2012

No Dogs Allowed + Update


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket
Yep, it's No Dogs Allowed upstairs or anywhere near the carpet.

Here we've been trying to make little Abby feel comfortable in her new home but now all three of the dogs are sick with a stomach flu. And I mean the works.

I can only hope Abby won't be traumatized for life. Currently, I think Izzy and Abby feel the worst. Maddie caught it first, so hopefully she's on the mend today. Izzy got really ill earlier, and little Abby is resting in Mom's room right now.

This dog flu is a bad one, so if you have doggies take precautions. Our girls don't hang out with other dogs, and we never take them to dirty old PetCo/PetSmart (think of all the doggie germs on those floors. My brother's cat almost died recently from picking up a virus that probably originated from there), and still they caught it. My guess is that when my parents bought cat food from there, those germs got on their shoes and subsequently the floors of the house after everyone was back home.

I'm petrified of the cats catching it. Tiger Lily is 19, and Wendy 16 so.... I'd really rather not go there.

I did disinfect all of their babies. Can you believe I counted something like 66 of them?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

UPDATE:

The girls seem to be on the mend now.

I'm so proud of Little Miss Abigail Cutie Pie! Last night - as in around 3 am - I heard the dogs being taken outside. After they came back in, I was just standing there in the kitchen talking to Mom when Abby starts walking up to me.

Walking up to me ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR.

Abby has always been terrified of certain floor areas, but last night she walked up to me past her normal 'boundary line.' I kissed the top of her adorable head, backed up, and then she went further. It was funny because every time, she'd bow her head for me to kiss as a reward. Photobucket

Of course, this morning she won't venture anywhere near that area of the kitchen but at least now I know she can do it. It's just going to take time. She has a lot of phobias but we're determined to make her a happy, healthy member of our little doggie pack that we've got going on here.

What's surprising is that Maddie has been the one that plays with her the most. In the past, it's always been Izzy and Abby that play while Maddie "referee's" them.

Oh! Abby was also brave today in that she'll cross the living room floor and into the kitchen to go outside now. She's still weary and RUNS to that door, but at least we don't have to pick her up now. She still won't go from the back door to the living room, but we'll get there eventually.

Baby steps.

By the way, Abby now loooves looking out the upstairs window but once she sees the mailman or people at the mailboxes she starts barking and then the rest of the girls join in. I don't know how to stop this behavior. It's difficult training 3 dogs to stop barking when half of them are upstairs and the others downstairs.



Photobucket

One of my latest siggies. I really could have made it better.

Photobucket

I love all our little bird visitors:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Birdie Opera:



Will Sit For Food:



Bird Watching:



Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.