Monday, March 12, 2012

Texas Bluebonnets & The Phantom


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket

Last night I DVR-ed the POTO stage show off tv. I was surprised that I didn't really enjoy it. I wanted to become obsessed with it, but found myself fast-forwarding through most of it instead. I'm just not a fan of all that vibrato going on c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t-l-y. Listening to them sing made me think they were passengers inside a car that was a really bumpy ride. Every song just sounded the same. None of the voices stood out to me. They all sounded the same because of the vibrato that wouldn't take a rest for just one minute. It was just overkill and very distracting to me. It took me out of the story actually. (However, I have to say that this particular Phantom was a lot better than others I've heard. His voice was a little deeper than most).

By the way, what the heck was going on with "Point of No Return?" Here Christine and The Phantom were singing this song that's supposed to be really sexy, yet The Phantom is covered from head to toe in a black blanket basically. He looked like the Grim Reaper.

Even though I didn't enjoy the stage version I'm forever grateful to Andrew Lloyd Webber for bringing it to the world. Without the stage version, there wouldn't have been the film and he never would have asked Gerry to do it.

I might make myself watch the stage version a second time. I really feel guilty in that I didn't enjoy it. I feel really, really bad because I do love The Phantom's story.

I especially loved Susan Kay's novel, "Phantom." There are some wonderful quotes in that book.







I LOVE this video someone made a few years ago. It's from Ken Hill's version of POTO.



Photobucket

It's time for those bluebonnets to start popping up. We've already seen some in our neck of the woods. Last year, due to the drought, we had no spring wildflowers. I think this year they'll be beautiful. My fingers are crossed.

For now, here are older photos of the bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush. Sorry for the poor photo quality.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Mom took this video a few years ago.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Funny! Who doesn't love The Princess Bride?

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Did you ever see the show in person Kristen? It's pretty amazing watching it in a theatre... I went with my mum for the first time when I was 15 and I have seen the stage production another two times since then because I loved it so much!! When the movie was released I was so excited and went to the cinema about five times to watch it! That's when I fell in love with Gerry, he was perfect in the role of Phantom. I'll have to read that book you mentioned - anything to do with the Phantom I know I'll love :) The original story is from Gaston Leroux's novel The Phantom of the Opera. That's pretty good as well. I'm so glad I have another POTO lover out there! Sometimes I play the music when I'm at home and it blasts through the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Kristin ... Glad to find another Texan. Just found your blog and so interesting. I viewed the video of the Opera Duo ... just so amazing. They should go far. Don't know how you found my Texas Bluebonnet pictures, but thanks for promoting them.Love your pictures too.So interesting with the animals. Thanks for linking up to my blog. Blessings.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.