

Below, I'll post just a few quick videos of Abigail’s arrival. (Hopefully, they all uploaded fine. I haven't watched them yet and Photobucket did keep freezing up).
Maddie Kate was especially OVERJOYED to see her little cousin. She was so happy that she was whining at times.
What’s so funny is that Maddie and Izzy are overwhelmed at the amount of babies (dog toys) in this house now. They already have a toy box full, but now there’s Abby’s toys here as well.
Most of them anyway. She has A LOT and my brother left some of them at his house.
True to form, Maddie is obsessed with the bunny rabbit babies and Izzy is obsessed with hiding certain one’s all over the house. As a result, it looks like a 3 year old lives here. It’s really cute.
Earlier today I picked up one of the bunny rabbit's off the stairs and put it near their toy box. It didn't take long at all for me to find it back on the stairs again. Lol! What’s also hilarious is watching Maddie contemplating which baby to “test” out next. I caught her literally staring at the pile, trying to decide which baby was next in line to play with. She is one spoiled, happy little girl tonight.
Abby has a lot of strange phobias, so we worked on one of them today. She’s always been afraid of certain floor areas, so now she equates FOOD with those areas. She made some great progress in the kitchen area today. All of this will take a while, but with baby steps it should be fine.
I confess that we are all very sad about my brother giving her up, but it might only be temporary. We will always think of Abby as HIS dog, and once his hours at work slim down and he doesn’t have to travel out of state so much… maybe then he’ll take her back. I’m fine with either outcome, but I do think Abby will greatly benefit from living with us and being around other dogs. She always has behaved more human than dog, so being in a doggie “pack” should be very healthy.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:
- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.