

Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is. Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think.

~ Tasha Tudor

I simply must share this little gem I discovered on YouTube a year or so ago. It's a video of Tasha Tudor's home, Corgi Cottage.
Tasha was a renowned Children's Author/Illustrator. She was most famous for her charming illustrations, love for the Welsh Corgi, and 1800's lifestyle. Her website can be viewed HERE.
I never signed up for Japanese 101, so I have no idea what the narrator is saying in the video below. Language barrier notwithstanding, the scenery is breathtaking. I can't imagine living in such a quiet and peaceful environment. Just hearing the birds singing... the wind rustling in the trees.. perhaps the occasional cowbell ringing in the hills. (Oh, yes. I am strangely obsessed with cows, or "Gods of the Country" as I like to call them. When I saw that we had cows as neighbors on our land in Owl Creek, I just about passed out. Their presence, along with a little donkey named "Hugs," almost makes up for the highway noise... but that's another post).
Enjoy the video!
PS - If any YouTube videos on my page don't load at first, just refresh the page. I've noticed the videos are always misbehaving, but a quick refresh usually does the trick.

I love Tasha Tudor and have a couple of her books. She was amazing. I will definitely look at the video as soon as I'm done leaving this comment.
ReplyDeletexo
Claudia