

Forget spring, because the beginnings of summer just arrived on our doorstep. Last I saw, at 5:30 in the evening, it was a flippin' 92 degrees!
What the frack?!

And poor Abby. It's already too hot for her to play outside for long during the day, and when it cools down a little at night the mosquitoes are eating humans and dogs alike.
But my original reason for this post wasn't just to complain about the weather. (Because hot as it is, it is going to get worse. I'm just seriously upset that it's come so soon). My original intention was to post a few videos of our bluebirds. They're having a full-on battle with the unruly mockingbirds this week, trying to protect their nest. I'm pretty sure the babies have hatched.
Unfortunately, Izzy started barking the second I started filming these next videos of the butterflies. Izzy might only weigh a mere 5 pounds (most of which is fluff), but her lungs have the gusto and range of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. You might want to turn the speakers down.
Way
d
o
w
n
Time to go. Gotta watch the latest episode of "Once Upon A Time!"

I feel for you! Usually in East TN, we get high heat too partnered with high humidity. This past weekend was nice though like low 70's and I found myself actually saying it was chilly.
ReplyDelete