Sunday, March 18, 2012

Space Shuttle & Disney


Current Mood: Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

When next you have a moment to yourself without interruption, you might want to take a gander at this. It’s HD video of one of the space shuttle launches. I found it last night. The camera is on the rocket boosters, and the audio was remastered by Skywalker Sound. It's absolutely AMAZING when viewed in full screen mode and with headphones.

Below is a short excerpt of what you’ll find in the video:

Try to let what you're witnessing sink in. See those numbers flying past in the upper right hand corner? That's the Shuttle's airspeed. See that gleam of light against the inky backdrop of space at 2:08 and 3:11? That's the Shuttle continuing on its flight path into low Earth orbit. Hear the eerie rattling, haunting moans, and weird dinosaur noises? That's what it sounds like to be a Solid Rocket Booster, falling to Earth from an altitude of 150,000 feet.



Via

So, fellow Earthlings... would YOU volunteer to go up into space if you had the opportunity? I believe I would. I’d be terrified, but I really think I’d go through with it.

Here are a few more videos:
Wouldn't it have been amazing to see and hear the shuttle launch in person?









If interested, click on this older post of mine HERE to see some beautiful Universe photos I found on Pinterest a few weeks ago.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Wall-E has got to be one of my favorite Disney films. The first time I saw it was when my brother and (now ex) SIL brought the movie with them. They were leaving for Disney World the next day, and we watched the movie that evening. They had already seen it, but I hadn't. I had one monster of a migraine that night, but that didn't stop me from becoming absolutely obsessed with this movie. Even my cell phone ringer is Wall-E.

I wish they would put Wall-E in Tomorrowland at MK already!



I loved this movie as a kid. It's so cute. I'm proud to say I own the dvd.



And this movie I LOVED as a kid. My sister and I both enjoyed it. They've renamed it "The Unidentified Flying Oddball," but I'll forever call it by it's original title: "A Spaceman in King Arthur's Court."



I can't wait to see the new Star Tours! My Mom said it was amazing, but the sad thing is she never got to see Planet Naboo. That's our favorite planet in all the Star Wars movies. (After all, it was filmed in beautiful Italy).

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.